Sallie Mae (NASDAQ: SLM) is the nation's No. 1 financial services company specializing in education. Whether college is a long way off or just around the corner, Sallie Mae turns education dreams into reality for its 25 million customers. With products and services that include college savings programs, scholarship search tools, education loans, tuition insurance, and online banking, Sallie Mae offers solutions that help families save, plan, and pay for college. Sallie Mae also provides financial services to hundreds of college campuses as well as to federal and state governments. Commonly known as Sallie Mae, SLM Corporation and its subsidiaries are not sponsored by or agencies of the United States of America.
The HR Reporting Manager oversees the production and development of HR reporting initiatives. This position is also responsible for analyzing HR data and maintaining HR reporting solutions based on functional needs. The Reporting Manager will Work cross-functionally to gather enterprise HR reporting requirements and ensure they are translated into actionable intelligence, business processes and various functional specifications.
* 5+ years experience in reporting/analytics with concentration in Human Resources and/or Administration/Finance
* Bachelors Degree
* Experience working with one of the HCM systems (Workday (preferred)/Ultipro/Business Objects/PeopleSoft).
* Managerial experience.
* Solid interpersonal skills to work with employees and managers at all levels, including proven ability to influence senior leaders
* Superior analytic skills and ability to synthesize a large quantity of data into actionable conclusions and recommendations
* Expert level experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
* Power user of data analysis/visualization software tools, such as: SAS, SPSS, Cognos, Crystal Reports or other visualization tools
* Proven oral and written skills
* Strong business partnering/consulting skills
* Decisive and focused, understands what needs to be done and moves quickly to that end
* Initiative to investigate and present new ideas, projects, or process improvements
* Comfortable working through ambiguous situations and advising management on appropriate course of action
* Experience analyzing reports and generating conclusions from available information
Sallie Mae is a federal government contractor. Should this position support a government contract, now or in the future, the successful candidate will be subject to a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions.
Sallie Mae, founded 28 years ago, provides funds for educational loans, primarily federally guaranteed student loans originated under the...