NEA seeks a dynamic and experienced Contracting and Procurement Manager in the Center for Business Operations. The Manager will work with senior staff to review contracting and procurement policies and practices, and will recommend and lead implementation of best practices across the organization. The Manager will be responsible for developing and updating contracting and procurement strategies and initiatives for services and supplies across all spend areas and departments. The position reports to the Senior Director for Business Operations.
- Manage the contracting and purchasing staff.
- Assist in the development and monitoring of the capital expenditures budget.
- Update and monitor the NEA procurement policies and practices to ensure conformance with industry best practices and all regulatory and oversight requirements. Provide expert advice and recommendations to the NEA Contract Review Committee.
- Consult with NEA management and staff to assist them in determining their equipment and supply needs; assess and recommend vendors. Coordinate and manage due diligence reviews of potential contractors and suppliers.
- Execute, implement, and manage contracts for office equipment and supplies.
- Manage the disposition and/or replacement of obsolete furniture and equipment.
- Participate in cross-department work teams as appropriate.
- Authorize requisitions and purchase orders in accordance with established authorization guidelines.
- Coordinate the training of NEA and affiliate staff on contract and procurement best practices.
- Investigate and evaluate new sources of supply including minority vendors, women-owned companies, unionized vendors, and other firms.
- Assess and recommend e-procurement tools to facilitate the Association’s total spend, and to accountability/inventory/purchase of supplies, furniture, and equipment.
Applications are now being accepted. Interested candidates should apply online at www.nea.org/jobs .
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field required, M.B.A. preferred .
- Five years of relevant procurement experience, preferably with more than $30 million in managed spend.
- Experience working with one or more e-procurement technology required; experience managing the work of procurement vendors desirable.
- Subject matter expertise in at least one significant NEA spend category (information technology category preferred).
- Excellent relationship management skills and executive presence; superior interpersonal, communication, and management skills. Deep strategic sourcing and negotiations experience, advanced skills in contract drafting, drafting requests for proposals and managing vendor selection.
- Experience with contract monitoring and contract enforcement. Experience managing fixed price, cost reimbursement, and performance-based contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff in a change environment, and to provide leadership in maintenance of best practices in procurement systems and practices
- Demonstrated ability to identify and evaluate contract-related business and technology risks, internal controls that mitigate risks, and opportunities to improve internal controls/business practices. Experience in developing and implementing clearly defined transparent rules, policies and procedures for contracting and purchasing administration.
- Additional specialized training or comparable experience may be required based on the specific focus of an individual position under this job description.
The National Education Association is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and encourages women, minorities and persons with disabilities to apply.
National Education Association (NEA) - 21 months ago