THIS IS A PART-TIME (30 HOURS PER WEEK) TEMPORARY POSITION
An exceptional career opportunity for a very experienced and highly motivated laboratory assistant to join a start-up in the area of biotechnology. Pacific Biosciences is seeking the best for developing optical instrumentation that will revolutionize DNA sequencing. The Research Associate will work with the engineering and scientific teams to support optical characterization and research efforts. The individual must be self-starter with excellent engineering and organizational skills.
- Characterization of prototype optical waveguide chips
- Carry out application experiments including sequencing reactions
- Testing lasers and other key optical components
- Organizing data and prototype optical components
- Work in multi-discipline engineering and scientific teams
• Education: minimum B.S. or M.S. degree in Engineering, Physics, Optics or equivalent.
• Basic knowledge of optics should be demonstrated in some of the following areas: optical imaging system design, laser-based illumination design, laser beam shaping, aspheric optics, diffractive optics, spectroscopy and micro-lens arrays.
• Knowledge of optical test practices and processes
• Experience in handling precision optics and alignment of optical systems
• Good analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills a must. Demonstrated experience in working within a multi-disciplinary team in a fast paced, technically challenging environment.
Pacific Biosciences’ mission is to transform the way humankind acquires, processes and interprets data from living systems through the...