The position will support customer requests for IP configuration schemes, email configurations, DSL self installation questions, IP mappings, and router configurations; as well as, work issues to resolution while on-line and/or initiate trouble or MAC orders. Responsibilities will include but not be limited to customer contact, inter-departmental escalations, managing a work queue and call queue to coordinate resolution, opening, clearing and closing trouble tickets/MAC tickets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
Providing support to MAC & ROC for information requests in the following areas:
Providing customer’s IP scheme;
E-mail configuration both on Birch Network and Customer’s workstation;
Making MX record changes;
Making A record changes;
Port forwarding & Static mapping;
Opening Ports & Filter set changes;
Bridging routers (set for pass through);
Pre – Qualifying addresses for moves/new installs;
Quoting applicable charges for moves/new installs/disconnects/bandwidth upgrade/downgrades;
Quoting applicable Early Term Penalties for breaking a contract;
Assuring a customer is within product limitations, if exceeding limitations then quoting and applying correct billable charges for additional services
Work with both ILEC’s in a calm and educated manner for issue resolution
Ability to work with multiple external vendors for specific products
Ability to work with internal and external technicians calling in with updates on dispatches for trouble repair or next step actions
Partial data on-call rotation
- Taking ownership of the customer situation and seeing it through to resolution
- Accountability of the end result of the resolution (follow up to ensure the resolution was actual and realized)
- Opening, Status, Clearing and Closing of Trouble/MAC Tickets
Ticket Coding Accuracy
- Managing a work load from a queue
- Coordination of resolution activities
Education and/or Experience Requirements:
- Self-starter, highly motivated, must display ability to take ownership and initiate activities independently and within team environments
- Customer focused – Interact with external and internal customers to enhance overall customer satisfaction
- PC Skills – must have ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs and database management
- Excellent Communication skills – verbal, listening, and written
- Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
Excellent attendance record
- Must be well organized and demonstrate ability to manage multiple issues and activities with varying time frames or commitments
- Exhibit willingness to learn new applications, processes and procedures – must be adaptable to change
- Must have knowledge of the Telecommunications industry
People Skills are a must
- Must be able to cooperate, communicate and interact with co-workers
- Must be able to comply with and respect Birch’s corporate initiatives; as well as, all federal, state and local employment laws
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Experience in IP addressing and subnetting
- Experience configuring routers, hubs and related network equipment
Knowledge or experience with:
- Cisco Routers/Switches
- Netopia Routers
- Adtran Routers
- DNS structure
- E-mail and Domain setup
- TCP/IP topologies
- Dial-up support
- Strong network design, configuration and troubleshooting skills required
- Knowledge of networking security (i.e. firewalls, security protocols) desired
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Proficient knowledge of various computer systems and software packages.
- Familiarity with data, telephony (preferred) transmission and distribution status monitoring systems.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to interact with all levels of employees and various external customers.
- Time management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to be pro-active with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to keep customer information confidential.
Birch Communications - 15 months ago
Birch provides managed communications and information technology services to a target market of small- and medium-sized businesses within 46...