Primary responsibilities include commissioning and operating NSLS-II and creation of applications to be used for commissioning and operating the injection system and storage ring. Being an operator involves the safe operation of NSLS-II within the framework provided by the safety envelope and Conduct of Operations, responding to machine and building emergencies, act as the point of contact for fuel rescue, act as local emergency coordinator, and responding to non-emergency machine operations issues.
- BS in Physics, Computer Science, or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of three (3) years of relevant experience
- Ability to work shifts
- Knowledge of instrumentation and experience using an industrial control system
- Demonstrated experience writing scripts in a scientific environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interact effectively, across organizational boundaries, with a diverse group of scientific, engineering, and technical staff.
The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate level dependent upon depth and breadth of knowledge and skills he or she brings to the position, as well as the amount of relevant experience.
- Previous work in an accelerator/synchrotron controls environment
- Use of the EPICS control system
- Knowledge of beam dynamics
- Programming skills in python, matlab, C, C++ or Java.
Please apply to Job ID# 16318.
ERAP eligible - $1,000.00
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes but is not limited to:
BNL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the development of a diverse workforce.
- Medical Plans
- Life Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- On site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight room Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits.
It takes a lot of manpower to build a nation's economic and energy security. That's why there's the US Department of Energy....