Support vehicle testing of electrical control systems including ESP, ABS and Driver assistance systems
Travel to test sites as necessary to support vehicle testing (up to 50% travel)
Truck and trailer maintenance
Vehicle testing safety structure fabrication.
Maintain maintenance fleet software database
Training of others to obtain CDLs (truck driver training)
Procurement and disposition of fleet test vehicles
Manage garage and vehicles for 5S cleanliness, coordination and parts stock
Expert user of data acquisition and diagnostic tools on test vehicles
Support customer Demos as necessary (driving vehicles, customer interface, Demo planning and vehicle prep)
Vehicle Instrumentation and systems retrofit
Create and modify drawings to support the Vehicle testing safety structure fabrication bullet point.
- Hands-on mechanical skills.
- Hands-on electrical skills.
- Understanding of engineering concepts of electrical circuits, mechanical components, and pneumatic plumbing.
- Very comfortable with computers including MS office: word, excel, outlook PC data collection General PC knowledge
- Willingness to work as a test driver and a demonstrator.
- Must be able to talk professionally but not need to give presentations.
- Enthusiastic self-starter able to multi-task and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Experience with mechanical drawing software, such as CAD.
- Demonstrated performance and experience working with commercial vehicles
- CDL with clean record and experience driving semi-trucks and large commercial vehicles.
2 year technician degree as a minimum
If you slow down on the interstate and notice an 18-wheeler in your rearview mirror, you may be more grateful for Bendix Commercial Vehicle...