Lolly Wolly Doodle is a fast-growing emerging leader in the direct-to-consumer e-commerce space. We are headquartered in Lexington, NC, were founded in 2009, have over 100 employees, and have more than doubled annual revenue every year since inception. We are also an organization that cares deeply about our brand, our customers, our people, and our values. Our core product focus is children’s apparel, which we sell through an innovative ‘real-time’ sales and supply chain model that is part made-to-order and part inventoried. We look forward to continued aggressive growth and are looking for an experienced Controller to help us develop a strong financial infrastructure to support that growth. This is a unique opportunity to bring your full expertise to bear on a highly creative and rewarding project. Come help us build the future of retail!
To see Lolly Wolly Doodle in action, visit:
www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=50135843n (CBS This Morning segment from November)
The Controller will be located in our Lexington, NC headquarters (between Greensboro and Charlotte) and jointly report to our CEO and COO. You will be a key member of a small executive team, with responsibilities including:
- Work with the CEO and COO and outside (venture) investors to define and implement a mature, multi-channel financial infrastructure for the company, including:
o Balance sheet and P&L accounting
o Cash management and forecasting
o Cost and gross margin analysis by product line and channel
o Financial KPI definition & reporting
o Sales/merchandise analysis
o Inventory analysis and reporting
- With the support of a bookkeeper (and the potential to grow the finance team over time), fully manage the day-to-day accounting functions including A/P, bank reconciliations, weekly payrolls, expense allocations, sales tax returns, and the GL
- Work with our VP Ops to assist in our ERP system implementation and ensure that all needed financial data is captured and reported on
- Coordinate and execute the monthly, quarterly and annual close processes
- Prepare all needed financial statements and reports for monthly Board of Directors meetings and on an as-needed basis for our outside (venture) investors
- Manage our outside vendors to optimize terms and costs (fabric and raw materials vendors as well as finished goods factories)
- Define, maintain and enforce accounting policies and procedures including procurement and expense policies
- Work with the rest of the executive team to perform annual and as-needed strategic and operational planning, including annual forecasting/budgeting with periodic reforecasting throughout the year
- Participate in monthly Board meetings
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior position with direct responsibility for the financial management of an apparel, retail, and/or manufacturing organization (Controller, VP Finance and/or CFO level)
- Proven success in managing all functions of a finance organization
- Deep and extensive knowledge of finance and accounting for Apparel, Retail, Supply Chain, and Distribution and/or Manufacturing
- Direct experience working with work-in-process inventory, raw materials, and in-house manufacturing payroll
- A hands-on and detail-oriented approach
- Deep orientation towards metrics/analytics, planning, and processes and prior experience extracting analysis and metrics from an ERP system.
- Terrific interpersonal and management skills. Really enjoy people and working with a variety of personality types and education and skill levels. Have a positive, low-ego, pragmatic attitude, always keep a sense of humor, and thrive on hard work and achievement.
- Be a do-er – truly love to roll up your sleeves. Be extremely proactive and creative. Personally get the pieces in place that you need to be successful. Be able to multi-task and thrive in a ‘start-up’ environment where infrastructure needs to be both created and evolved.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to speak comfortably with investors and in a Board setting.
Indeed - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard