Position based in Winston-Salem, NC
Under the supervision of the CFO, the Controller is responsible for the day-to-day functioning of all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, (Payroll), and General Accounting. Primary responsibilities include distribution of work load, review and monitoring of recording of detailed transactions to ensure integrity of financial data, direct supervision of the department, coordination of the monthly closing calendar, monitoring of adherence to corporate deadlines, preparation of the monthly financial reporting package, coordination of external audit requests and the external audit, and preparation/distribution of corporate budget/reforecast items to the various operating units, and covenant compliance support for external lenders. This position requires that the Associate be able to work independently and also as a member of a team. In fact, the Associate must work very collaboratively with other members of the Corporate Staff and the Finance Groups of the various operating units.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITES
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Manage and Develop Financial Resources.
- Coordinate all monthly closings and prepare the related monthly financial reporting packages
- Coordinate audit requests received from external auditors and maintain audit readiness for all areas managed.
- Coordinate and prepare quarterly and annual external financial reporting packages.
- Coordinate the distribution of Corporate Budget/Forecast items to the operating units.
- Provide assistance on special projects and requests as assigned.
Required Knowledge Of:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) with a major in accounting, finance or related field
- 5-7 years prior accounting or audit experience preferred, preferably with some prior supervisory experience.
- At least 2 years hands on month-end close experience
- CPA required
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial accounting concepts
- Standard office practices and accounting procedures on automated systems
- Computer systems and equipment as well as report generation
- Intermediate-level Excel skills as well as familiarity with other Microsoft Office products
- Business English composition, spelling, punctuation
- Analytical aptitude – strong problem solving skills; math aptitude
- Demonstrated experience working with SEC reporting / requirements