PresenceLearning is a fast-growing venture-backed company with a mission to support special needs children in unlocking their full potential. Our team builds groundbreaking software solutions that connect therapists and special needs students live and online.
We just completed a substantial Series B financing and are looking for smart, fun and friendly fellow entrepreneurs who are driven to make a difference in the world.
The Controller will be the first on-staff financial hire for PresenceLearning. To date, we have worked with highly competent outside professionals, but our strong growth now means we need a full-time hire. The Controller will be a critical member of our team, with direct responsibility for reporting, budgeting, forecasting and cash management. Star candidates will be strong business analysts as well as good day-to-day financial operational managers.
Location: San Francisco
- Support the founders’ strategic / financial planning efforts and communication of these plans to the board of directors
- Manage all day-to-day accounting operations for the company, including A/R, A/P, payroll and bank accounts / cash flow
- Develop and implement best practices for working capital management
- Drive continued improvements to financial IT systems and processes
- Manage month- and year-end closing, including account reconciliations and financial statements
- Assist in the development of annual operating budgets
- Manage auditors and tax consultants to complete financial audit and tax filings
- Other finance and reporting duties as necessary (e.g. 1099 filings, insurance policy review, etc.)
- Financial manager first, accountant second
- Very strong Excel / analytical skills
- A “start-up person”
- Deep working knowledge of Quickbooks Online
- Experience with Salesforce.com is a plus
- Several years of financial / accounting experience working with start-ups/small business