City: Research Triangle Park
State/Province: North Carolina [NC]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Controller (Financial Analyst) Biotech/R&D
Job ID: 4535
Role purpose :
Support the Research & Development (R&D) organization as a Finance Business Partner, influencing the business strategy and decision making by providing financial expertise and challenging business views.
- Coordinate monthly financial reporting and analysis for NA R&D, with a support role for Global Biotechnology. Support continuous enhancement of reporting to help drive business performance and deliver budgets and forecasts.
- Build effective and collaborative partnerships to ensure that all financial needs regarding daily operations, budget and portfolio are met for assigned functions.
- Analyze actual to planned variances and prepare monthly commentary and management presentations.
- Work effectively with assigned cost center managers in managing department spend.
- Support month-end close process, including preparation of journal entries with supporting analysis, within defined timelines.
- Understand key cost drivers as a basis for developing accurate budgets and latest estimate forecasts.
- Facilitate the effective and efficient delivery of business goals with sound financial analysis and advice.
- Prepare the financial case for investment proposals for review and approval by the relevant decision making body as a member of a cross functional team.
- Provide interim and year end SOX and Financial (Internal and External) audit support, as needed.
- Support understanding and alignment of financial information with the R&D Portfolio planning tool.
- Support ad hoc requests and analysis as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
Critical knowledge: :
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
- Master’s degree or CPA preferred
Critical experience :
- 2 to 3 years accounting/finance experience.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Exposure to multi-site, complex environments a plus.
- Ability to generate and communicate ad hoc financial analysis.
Critical technical, professional and personal capabilities :
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal with multiple levels of the organization.
- Superior analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles and reporting requirements.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office; experience with SAP, or other ERP system a plus
- Attention to detail and quality processes.
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work well with groups or in teams.
Critical Success Factors & Key Challenges:
- Strong financial acumen.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships, work across functions, and effectively influence stakeholders
- Adaptable to changing situations with ability to handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Manages performance to high standards and delivers high quality solutions.
- Ability and willingness to challenge existing processes toward driving positive change in the organization.
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
- Must sign a non-compete if offered this position.
- Travel = 5-10%
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA)
Syngenta - 10 months ago
copy to clipboard
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...