The Controller has full charge accounting responsibility including, but not limited to: financial reporting, asset management, treasury management, monthly financial reporting and forecasting. The Controller is also the point of contact regarding human resources functions for plant team members. The Controller will work closely with the General Manager, Financial Operations Manager, as well as the Human Resources team.
- Supervise small accounting team, including all daily accounting functions.
- Maintain general ledger and all monthly financial reports.
- Treasury management.
- Financial and tax reports for county, state and federal regulatory organizations.
- Review and authorize grain payments.
- Safeguard company assets and maintain high level of internal control.
- Fixed asset and inventory controls.
- Financial statement, including all footnote disclosures and operating forecasts.
- Coordinate and prepare information for annual financial audits.
- Prepare all Sales, Use, Excise, Feed Grains and other tax reports, including all other operating tax forms required by law.
- Implementation and administration of human resources functions.
- Assist with basic maintenance of computer and software systems.
- Must maintain confidentiality of all sensitive information.
- Ability to manage others including the responsibility of recruitment and performance management for all reporting team members. This may include: interviewing & hiring, performance reviews, goal-setting, disciplinary action, career development.
- Be depended on to report to work at the scheduled time and is seldom absent from work. Team member can be depended upon to complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Maintain a team environment with other departments.
- Qualified candidates should have a B.S. or B.A. in Accounting or other formal training and 5+ years full charge accounting experience.
- Experience with grains accounting systems and Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains is beneficial.
- CPA, CMA preferred.
- Knowledge in Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.
An Executive Search Firm specializing in:
- Upstream & Downstream Oil
- Health Care & Pharmacy
- Alternative Energy, Bio-Fuels, Ethanol
- Supermarket & Big Box Retail
- Convenience Store & Travel Centers
- Hospitality & Travel Industry
- Accounting Services & Consulting Industry
- Quick Serve & Full Serve Restaurant
- Consumer Product Goods Manufacturing
- Consumer Product Good Distribution
Recruitics - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard