Controller- Sabey Data Center Properties
Sabey Corporation is a 40 year-old privately held Seattle based, full-service commercial real estate company. Sabey is primarily engaged in data center, office, and industrial property development and operations with ownership predominately in the Pacific Northwest. The Company recently expanded its data center footprint across the country with acquisitions in New York City and Virginia.
Sabey Data Center Properties (SDCP) Controller is a newly created position within Sabey Corporation and will provide leadership, direction and technical support for the SDCP's accounting operations and financial reporting functions.
This position reports to the Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting, and partners with the Controller for Sabey Corporation to ensure GAAP conformity, proper internal controls, and the timely issuance of complete financial statements.
This is an Exempt position located in south Seattle.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the oversight of all aspects of Accounting and Financial Reporting related to SDCP, including financial reporting, budgeting, tenant reconciliations, tax compliance, partner and lender reporting, and audits.
- Oversees preparation and review of month-end, quarter-end & year-end financial statements and external reports.
- Ensures accurate and detailed reconciliations of all bank accounts, fixed assets and other balance sheet accounts.
- Manages the financial administration and accounting treatment of all contracts to ensure compliance with lease language.
- Ensures that adequate internal controls are in place and operating effectively.
- Ensures all critical policies and procedures are documented and current.
- Provides a continual focus on process improvement and innovation to meet the growing needs of the organization.
- Leads, motivates and develops team members, looking for continual improvement in the efficiency and effectiveness of the workflow as well as ways to provide direct reports with professional growth opportunities.
Demonstrated leadership ability and team management skills.
- Demonstrated experience in ensuring proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) as well as audit best practices.
- Capable of performing technical accounting research to determine the appropriate treatment of accounting transactions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and able to process large amounts of data and discern relevant information.
- Ability to build positive relationships across all organizational levels in order to accomplish strategic initiatives and goals.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
Skills and Training:
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting or related field required
- 5+ years of related experience as an assistant controller; public company preferred
- Experience taking a private company public, desired
- CPA desired
- Demonstrated ability to improve processes and procedures utilizing various technology solutions
- Advanced working knowledge of standard accounting systems, e.g Timberline, Office Connector (Excel based reporting tool), Hyperion or Enterprise One. (Timberline is highly desired)
- Expertise with Microsoft Office required
- SEC/SOX compliance and reporting experience preferred
- Experience in commercial real estate sector preferred
Sabey Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace
SABEY CORPORATION - 12 months ago