CONTROLS ENGINEER - PLC / RSLogix, Panel Builder (some field service work required as well)
This is a full time, direct hire (PERM) position at a very stable manufacturing company with paid vacation, benefits, 401K, etc.
Controls Engineer experienced in design, construction, programming and field startup of PLC based control systems. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design of electrical control systems in coordination with other engineering and field personnel.
- Utilize schematic diagrams to verify correct wiring on machinery and in control panels
- Develop an understanding of the process systems involved
- Application, configuration and troubleshooting of drives
- Develop and edit PLC and HMI programs
- Perform field I/O checkout and startup support
- Work with startup personnel both from the office and in the field to verify correct operation of systems
- Recognize operational issues in the field and implement effective solutions as required
- Create and maintain electrical and control documentation
- Provide on-site and telephone support of customer questions and controls related problems with equipment.
- Assists sales personnel with electrical controls information and cost estimates for new systems quotations
- Diagnostic support for customer service personnel
- Support purchasing and spare parts departments with specification of components
- Support and direct internal equipment factory testing
IF QUALIFIED, PLEASE PROVIDE ANSWERS TO THESE QUESTIONS & PLEASE BE SURE TO EMAIL YOUR WORD RESUME
- Minimum 2 years experience in a controls engineering role.
- Working knowledge of applicable codes, i.e. NEC, UL, NFPA
- Working knowledge of Variable Frequency Drives and DC drives
- Working knowledge of networked devices and I/O (DeviceNet, ControlNet, Modbus)
- Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley software platforms, specifically RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Factory Talk View, PanelBuilder.
- Demonstrated self-starter able to work in a fast paced environment
- Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- Basic to intermediate AutoCAD skills are a plus.
- Microsoft "Project" skills a plus but not required.
- A detail orientation is strongly required.
- Willingness to travel is required (approximately 30%).
- Servo drive experience preferred
- Basic pneumatic design experience preferred.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering preferred but not required.
1. What are your salary requirements?
2. What were you previously earning / currently earning?
3. Are you ok with a position that entails 30% travel?
4. Can you make the commute to Bangor, PA each day (when you are not traveling)?
5. Have you recently heard about this position or applied to this role with a different recruiter? (we do NOT want to duplicate your efforts)
6. Can you please briefly describe your experience with any / all of the following:
Please email your answers to the above questions as well as your WORD .doc resume to:
- applicable codes, i.e. NEC, UL, NFP
- Variable Frequency Drives and DC drives
- networked devices and I/O (DeviceNet, ControlNet, Modbus)
- Allen-Bradley software platforms, specifically RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, Factory Talk View PanelBuilder
- Servo Drives
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE - if you are indeed a match for this role you will be contacted very quickly upon receiving your WORD .doc resume.
If you are NOT interested or unqualified, please send us a referral. This is an immediate and urgent need for our valued client and therefore, we are offering a $1000.00 refer-a-friend fee to anyone who leads us to a candidate who is hired for this position.
HireSource Solutions - 12 months ago