Rolls-Royce, a world-leading provider of power systems and services for use on land, at sea and in the air, operates in four global markets - civil aerospace, defense aerospace, marine and energy. We continue to invest in core technologies, products, people and capabilities with the objective of broadening and strengthening the product portfolio, improving efficiency and enhancing the environmental performance of its products.
The Functional Systems and Software Engineer will develop control system projects to satisfy Rolls-Royce project requirements. This includes understanding of control system interfaces and functional systems requirements to control the gas turbine and driven equipment.
Rolls-Royce has a broad customer base comprising 600 airlines, 4,000 corporate and utility aircraft and helicopter operators, 160 armed forces, more than 2,000 marine customers including 70 navies, and energy customers in 120 countries. Rolls-Royce is a technology leader, employing 38,000 people in offices, manufacturing and service facilities in 50 countries.
- Work with the common project team to develop and implement control system solutions for customer projects
- Ensure project requirements are identified and allocated to the appropriate controls subsystems – Hardware, Package Control Software, Human Machine Interface, Engine Control Software and Safety Instrumented Systems
- Work with mechanical and electrical engineers on the common project team to develop the functional system designs that meet project requirements
- Develop and participate in the flow down of functional system requirements and designs to common software teams
- Develop verification test requirements and review verification test results with common software teams
- Develop control software per contractual and system requirements while meeting project milestones
- Support and perform verification and validation testing as required through the project lifecycle.
Rolls-Royce is a Military Friendly Employer.
Rolls-Royce is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and a barrier-free employment process.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 2+ years of experience in an Engineering role
- Must possess a valid passport or be able to obtain one within 30 days of hire
- Working knowledge of control theory
- Advanced degree with system dynamics and extensive experience with industrial gas turbine applications
Rolls-Royce - 18 months ago
Rolls-Royce plc is a global company providing power on land, sea, and air. The company has established leading positions in civil aerospace,...