WHO WE ARE: A large and active Senior Living Community in La Mesa seeks a part-time (30 hours/week) Cook to work in a large kitchen serving 700 meals daily. Applicant must be outgoing,positive, energetic and have a passion for cooking and serving the seniors who will love your food each day.|
THE POSITION: Reporting to the Culinary Director, the ideal candidate for this position has at least three years of professional experience in food volume preparation in a commercial environment with well-developed culinary skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES: A broad range of responsibilities include:
* Attractively prepare meals that are appealing and tasty,and served at the right temperature per
the menu and schedule.
* Prepare foods for special limited diets and serve them according to resident needs.
* Prepare meals in a timely manner and ensure a high standard of resident satisfaction.
* Ensure that all room service trays are properly prepared.
* Identify menu errors and makes appropriate corrections as needed.
* Keep kitchen clean, sanitary and orderly following cleaning schedule, including shelves and
cooking surfaces and ensure safety standards are met.
* Operate the kitchen to meet company policies and state and local regulations.
* Properly store, date and rotate food per food handling guidelines.
* Prepare attractive and tasty alternatives to the basic menu.
* Promote safety in job functions and carry out duties in a safe manner.
* Work well with others as a team member and be self-directed to complete tasks.
* Maintain inventory of kitchen supplies and foods; assist Culinary Director in ordering.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: At least 3 years of recent, relevant, full-time commercial cooking experience.
Must have current Food Handlers Permit. A Serve Safe certification from state of California is highly desirable but notrequired.
Must have the physical ability to lift and carry objects weighting up to 50 pounds and transfer up to 100 pounds, using proper lifting techniques. Able to bend, squat, and stoop to floor level. Fluency in speaking and reading English is required. Must have a clean driving record and current California driver's license.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution is required. Culinary school or apprenticeship training is highly desirable.
COMPENSATION: $11.00/hour, thirty hours per week, including one week-end day as part of regular schedule. This position could lead to a full-time position with benefits and paid time off (PTO) for an individual with an exceptional culinary background and extraordinary performance on the job.
BACKGROUND SCREENING: Company is subject to Title 22. Therefore applicants must pass an extensive DOJ and FBI background screen, drug test, and physical exam at company expense. Work references are required and carefully checked.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their resume via email to this ad.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Oakdale of La Mesa - 23 months ago