Must be able to read and write English.
• High school diploma required
• 2 Years Professional cooking experience preferred.
• Strong knowledge of cooking times and recipe adherence
• Serve Safe, safety, Hazcom, and customer service training class certifications.
Must attend all other company sponsored training classes.
* Able to lift up to 25lbs
* Able to work standing for long periods of time, repetitious movements
* Able to Pass Background Screening
• Rotate all refrigerated products (FIFO) to maintain freshness.
• Clean and sanitize all work surfaces before and after preparation.
• Prepare all menu items as called for on the production order record
• Ensure compliance with all portioning, plate presentation and quality guidelines
• Carefully follow recipes using proper measurements.
• Set-up and merchandise stations according to company policy.
• Menu signs/boards denoting daily specials are to be neat, clean, colorful and complete. No abbreviations.
• Ensure that assigned workstation is neat and clean at all times.
Clean as you go.
• Properly sanitize all cutting boards and slicers.
• Set-up attractive display plates for each special at your station daily.
• Conduct line school daily.
• Review daily specials and ensure that all supplies are at the station prior to the start of service.
• Perform temperature checks during the meal period to ensure food is being served cold. Log results in the temperature manual.
• Cross-train at other stations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Work schedule Mon-Fri 730am-230pm - subject to change - work school schedule
Whitsons Culinary Group is among the region's largest and most innovative dining service companies, providing a wide variety of services...