General Summary of Duties :
Responsible to assist the Chef de Cuisine, Sous Chef, and Chef de Partie to ensure quality food is prepared and displayed in order to achieve customer satisfaction and profitability while maintaining a high standard of cleanliness and sanitation in designated work areas.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands :
Requires mobility. Ability to grasp, lift, move, or push goods on cart/truck weighing a maximum of 100 pounds. Ability to work in confined spaces. Sense of smell, taste, touch, and sound. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors. Normal vision and hearing range.
Typical Working Conditions :
Work is performed in the kitchen locations of the property. Exposure to chemical cleaning solvents. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality. Position is subject to varying levels of urgency and stress.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following) :
1. Complete daily task assignments issued by the Chef de Partie and assist the Chef de Partie in overall execution of duties in assigned section.
2. Ensure sufficient supply of high quality mis-en-place (term for preparing everything before cooking process) is set for the next shift.
3. Ensure all stations are properly set prior to service and necessary corrections are made, if needed.
4. Ensure proper and safe usage of equipment by staff.
5. Ensure good customer relations are maintained at all times, in particular when working in the public areas of the hotel.
6. Ensure all fridges and food storage areas are maintained and products are properly rotated, dated, and stored at end of shift.
7. Report any questionable product concerns to the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef to maximize product utilization and minimize waste.
8. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Performance Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) :
Knowledge of statutory requirements regarding health and safety, sanitation, proper chemical usage, fire procedures, and HACCP. Knowledge of all kitchen equipment operations. Ability to read, write, and understand English. Ability to perform basic/intermediate math skills. Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with management, staff, and guests. Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
High school education or equivalent. Culinary training program or accredited apprenticeship program preferred.
Relevant experience in a high quality, high volume, and multi-unit operations preferred.
Food Safety Employee Training required.
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- 2 years ago - save job