This is a relief position and requires being on call. The Cook is responsible for food preparation for the youth at the shelter during the assigned shift.
Enter menus in a timely manner into NSLP data base.
- Prepare quality food for youth.
- Assistance in menu preparation to ensure compliance with specified standards and recommendations by the American Dietetic Association, funding source, State licensing, National School Lunch Programs (NSLP) and Southwest Key guidelines.
- Maintain a clean, safe and hazard-free dining room and kitchen facility at all times.
- Ensure the kitchen is in compliance with health department standards.
- Assist in maintaining inventory for food purchases and equipment including monitoring monthly waste control.
- Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
- Ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature by regulating temperature of ovens, broilers, grills, and roasters.
- One (1) or Two (2) years experience in food service preparation within a residential, institutional or educational, or large restaurant setting.
- Food handler’s permit.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and be eligible to drive to facilitate program services as required by contractual agreement.
- Cleared Tuberculosis test results.
- Cleared background check from appropriate entity.