Perform all duties in food preparation as assigned. Provides daily direction to cooks and other assigned areas ensuring all departmental standards and goals are met. |
Food Services Culinary Manager/Chef
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
High school graduate or equivalent is required. Must have two years large quantity cooking or restaurant experience. Supervisory experience in production is preferred. Must have strong working knowledge of cooking principles, the use of standardize recipes, and food safety & sanitation principles.
Serve Safe or certification in a similar program is preferred.
Job Specific Competencies
- Performs food preparation and assembly to ensure that production goals are met in an efficient and timely manner.
- Prepares quality, nutritional and taste appealing meals to ensure adequate amounts of food are available while minimizing waste in an efficient and timely manner.
- Completes schedule for production and dishwashing associates.
- Cleans assigned equipment and work area to ensure proper safety and sanitation standards are met.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret and prepare standardize recipes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Interacts with customers in a warm and friendly way.
- Takes immediate action to meet customer requests or needs.
- Listens to understand what customers have to say.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes corrective action; seeking assistance when needed.
- Demonstrates knowledge of operational policies and procedures.
- Performs work safely, without causing harm or risk to self, others or property.
- Makes a decision considering the impact of the decision on other areas.
- Initiates collaboration with others outside of service area.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to the principles, values, and ethics of the organization.
- Models accountability for learning by sharing knowledge and learning from others.
- Builds effective working relationships.
- Expresses appreciation to others for their work.
- Treats others with respect.
- Defines and delegates work responsibilities with clear, consistent expectations and outcomes.
- Demonstrates both knowledge and application of Sanford policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Measures, monitors, and evaluates job performance and competencies of staff.
- Demonstrates good planning skills by ensuring the appropriate scheduling of resources including staff, equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrates effectiveness in maintaining a well organized operation to ensure the efficiency and accuracy of the work and information flow; monitors procedures and implements corrective actions as required.
- Demonstrates the ability to take charge, take unpopular stands if necessary, face difficult situations, and is looked to for direction from others.
- Facilitates and supports change within the Sanford Health.
- Demonstrates commitment to continuous learning for themselves and staff.
- Demonstrates and applies continuous quality improvement knowledge and skills.
Information Management Competencies
- Demonstrates skill in accessing, preparing and using information as relevant to position.
- Demonstrates skill in use of equipment relevant to position; verbalizes knowledge of appropriate safety procedures.
- Diagnoses equipment problems; fixes or seeks out someone to fix.
- Consistently informs appropriate person of problems encountered with repairs or calibration of equipment.
- This position is classified as a Category III position under OSHA guidelines with no risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens and other potentially infectious materials.
May provide supervision to kitchen staff in the absence of a Manager.
View Physical Requirements