Batching and cooking of all products.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adds ingredients to Liquifier for specific recipe being produced and begins processing.
- Monitors and ensures accuracy of ingredient amounts, mixing times, homogenizer pressure temperature specifications, etc. for product being produced.
- Examines product and/or ingredients for any noticeable defects, i.e., questionable appearances, odors, etc., and informs supervisor.
- Obtains all necessary samples of product and delivers samples to lab in a timely manner.
- Maintains a clean and organized work area at all times, i.e. hosing off ingredient dust from tanks, discarding ingredient bags, making sure floor area is free of debris, etc..
- Reports machinery or quality issues to Supervisor as they occur and submits work orders when necessary.
- Handles cleaning chemicals in a safe manner utilizing safety equipment such as gloves, eyewear, etc.
- Performs CIP sanitizing utilizing procedures and methods.
- Assists Downstairs Operator with diced tomato pumping and breaking down of totes during salsa runs.
- Operates hand-held scanning device to maintain accurate inventory.
- Accurately documents lots, quantities, times, and ingredients.
- Follows all DFA Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and work in a manner consistent with all corporate, regulatory quality, and sanitation requirements.
- Performs items on Master Sanitation lists when production is not running.
- Maintain safe environment and perform other duties in a safe manner at all times.
- Assists in training new operator.
- Ability to function in a team based structure and positively contributes to team based efforts.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen.
-Basic Computer Knowledge
Dairy Farmers of America - 21 months ago