1. Under the general direction of the Chef Supervisor and the general supervision of the Food Service Manager, the Cook prepares all food items according to production needs and standardized recipes.
2. Maintains food at proper temperatures in appropriate size serving pans and handles food following proper procedures to ensure sanitation and safety.
3. Pulls required items in sufficient quantities to prep according to menu forecasts.
4. Completes all temperature and production logs as required by HACCP policies.
5. Ensures food is at proper temperatures at all times (HACCP) and documents on appropriate forms.
6. Serve on tray line with accuracy and within diet standards
7. Performs all cleaning assignments.
8. Identifies and assists with opportunities for performance improvement activities in the department and with other service areas.
9. Accurately and completely documents required logs.
10. Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by taking ownership of time management, decreasing waste (of time and supplies) and promoting cost effectiveness. To actively market services to increase volume and awareness.
11. Demonstrates the ability to be an advocate for and strive to protect the health, safety and rights of the patient.
12. Interactions with patients and colleagues demonstrate compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth, and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by considerations of social or economic status or cultural beliefs.
13. Communicate effectively with other employees (physicians, nursing and ancillary staff) to provide for continuity of patient care and to meet the needs of the customers we serve.
14. Demonstrates ability to fulfill requirements of attendance, punctuality, and timekeeping practices
15. Behaviors and interactions demonstrate a positive attitude, personal initiative and motivation to achieve the goals of the department.
16. To uphold the standards of the department and organization with integrity.
17. Other duties as assigned
Graduation from a technical school specializing in hotel or institutional cooking.