Position Title: COOK
Departmental Title: FOOD SERVICE DEPARTMENT
Supervisor’s Title: DIETARY MANAGER
Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures. Provides the highest quality meals and service to the residents of Valley Care Masonic Center.
1. A minimum elementary school education.
2. Previous experience helpful
3. Will receive on-the-job training
1. Reviews production sheet prior to preparation of the food.
2. Serves food in accordance with established portion control procedures.
3. Completes daily or scheduled cleaning duties, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
4. Works on tray assembly line in a fast accurate manner.
5. Prepares meals in accordance with the planned menus.
6. Understand therapeutic and mechanically altered diets.
7. Assists in establishing food service procedures to assure that meals are prepared and served on time.
8. Reports all hazardous conditions/equipment to the Dietary Supervisor, Manager or Maintenance Department immediately.
9. Assists in maintaining food storage areas in a clean and properly arranged manner at all times.
10. Disposes of food and waste in accordance with established policies and procedures.
11. Assists in inventorying and storing in-coming food and supplies.
12. Assures that food and supplies for the next meal are readily available.
13. Washes and sanitizes pots and pans.
14. Works with the Dietary Manager/Supervisor as necessary and implement recommended changes as required.
15. Assumes the authority, responsibility and accountability of supervisor when the Food Service Supervisor/Dietary Manager are unavailable.
16. Recommends to the Food Service Supervisor and/or Manager the equipment and supply needs of the department.
17. Participates in the orientation of new staff
18. Assures that all dietary policies and procedures are followed.
19. Assist in developing methods for improving quality using the principals of CQAI.
20. Attends all mandatory in-services.
21. Assists in directing dietary staff on call downs from the Nursing unit.
Masonic Villages - 11 months ago