Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Department: BusSvc: Nutrition and BASE
Pay Type: Hourly
Months Per Year: 9
Hours Per Week: 15
Salary Plan: CLS
Min Rate: $ 9.75
Max Rate: $ 14.44
SUMMARY: Assists with all aspects of production and service of meals including cooking, line setup, replenishment, clean up and cash collection. Complies with Health Department Standards, all safety procedures, departmental policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal regulations. This is a TEMPORARY position during the summer months. There are no benefits with this position. Exact dates will be determined by the school calendar and may vary from summer to summer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Work experience with large volume food preparation and/or cashiering preferred.
TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & ABILITIES:
• Basic mathematical and measuring skills for following recipes and giving change to students.
• Basic computer skills preferred.
• Cashiering skills preferred.
• Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent policies, building and department procedures.
• Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds. Willingness to contribute to cultural diversity for educational enrichment.
• Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
• Criminal background check required for hire.
• Successful completion of a physical abilities evaluation.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
• Knowledge of large volume food production, serving and sanitizing equipment, preferred.
• Knowledge of basic kitchen utensils including knives, slicers, thermometers and cleaning agents.
• Normal office equipment such as personal computer, printer, copier, fax, phone system, e-mail.
BUDGET AND/OR RESOURCE RESPONSIBILITY:
• Employee is accountable for own equipment and/or supplies.
• Position does not require budget responsibility
• Assists with meal payment collection from students.
• Employee is responsible for funds security.
How To Apply
Temporary position - not eligible for benefits for 6 months.
All positions are "Open - Until Filled" unless a specific closing date is listed.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) should apply online. When filling out your online application, please include any and all work experience including district experience, please include Job Title and duties that you held while doing that job. If you attach a resume please take the time to fill out the online application as well. It is important to have a completed application so you will be considered for the position you are applying for. For directions on completing the online application, please visit the Adams 12 Application Instruction link on the Human Resources website.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools
1500 East 128th Avenue
Thornton, CO 80241
THIS POSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. The Superintendent is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
Adams 12 Five Star Schools - 8 months ago