We are looking for full and part time Cooks, Dietary
Aides, and Dishwashers!
- Directly reporting to the Director of Food and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and
- Review menus prior to preparation of food.
- Perform administrative requirements such as
submit to the Director of Food Services as required.
- Coordinate dietary services with other departments
accordance with established policies.
- Ensure that all dietary procedures are followed in
interdepartmental personnel, as well as with other
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with
departments within the facility, to assure that food
service can be properly maintained to meet the needs
of the residents.
fluids, infectious materials and hazardous chemicals
- Report all occupational exposures to blood, body
to the Director of Food Services.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc.
- Attend and participate in annual inservice training
appetizing in appearance.
- Prepare meals in accordance with planned menus.
- Prepare and serve meals that are palatable and
- Assist in serving of meals as necessary, to ensure
with planned menus.
- Prepare food for therapeutic diets in accordance
and special diet orders.
- Prepare food in accordance with standardized recipes
regulations, as well as with established policies
- Prepare food in accordance with sanitary
safe and sanitary manner.
- Assist in maintaining the dietary department in a
Precautions policies and procedures when performing
- Follow established Infection Control and Universal
and safe manner by assuring that necessary equipment
- Ensure that the department is maintained in a clean
and supplies are maintained.
properly arranged at all times.
- Ensure that food storage areas and clean and
are, maintained by department personnel in
- Ensure that fire protection and prevention programs
accordance with fire safety policies and procedures.
supplies, etc as necessary.
- Assist in inventorying and storing in-coming food,
equipment and supply needs of the department.
- Recommend to the Director of Food Services the
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident
as may be directed.
- Knock before entering a resident’s room.
- Other duties as deemed necessary and appropriate, or
Recommended Minimum Position Qualifications:
the English language.
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand
decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must possess the ability to make independent
personnel, residents, family members, visitors,
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with
government agencies/personnel and the general
work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must be knowledgeable of dietary procedures.
- Must possess leadership ability and willingness to
- Must be able to follow oral and written
principles and be willing to incorporate them into
- Must possess the ability to seek out new methods and
existing dietary practices.
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
nursing facility or other related medical facility
- One year dietary experience in a hospital, skilled
- ServSafe certified or willingness to obtain.
CareOne - 2 years ago