Co-op/Internship: Continuous Improvement – |
Industrial Engineering/Operational Excellence (Fall)
This opportunity begins in the fall semester of 2013 (August/September). The preferred candidate will be able to fill this position as a co-op, completing 2-3 rotations (semesters) in this role, alternating between semesters in school and semesters at MSA. Ideal schedule will be: Fall 2013, Summer 2014, Spring 2015.
Working alongside experienced engineers, co-ops and interns have a unique opportunity to apply their academic learning to products that protect lives in communities around the world. Engineering co-ops in the Continuous Improvement group will develop technical, engineering, and research skills while collaborating with other engineering disciplines and corporate functions to implement lean manufacturing initiatives. Projects the co-op may be involved in include:
· Performing manufacturing capacity analysis
· Evaluating and recommending process efficiency improvements in MSA’s distribution center
· Calculating manufacturing process productivity
· Assisting with the implementation of visual factory indicators
· Assisting with the development of Continuous Improvement training materials
Special knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· General Awareness of Lean Manufacturing
· Basic experience with data analysis, methods and graphing.
· Creative problem solving skills.
· Strong organizational skills.
· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office Tools, with a special emphasis on Excel.
Education and experience required:
· Sophomore status or higher in an Industrial Engineering or Business Operational Excellence program.
MSA Safety Inc. - 19 months ago
MSA Safety Inc. is the global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of sophisticated safety products, instruments, and services...