1. Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
2. Assists in assuring that pre-employment requirements are met, such as drug and job related testing.
3. Performs and assists in the establishment and implementation of new employee orientation programs.
4. Performs and assists in the administration of benefit programs, such as group insurance plans, pension,employee investment plans, and vacations.
5. Originates and maintains required personnel files and records on a current basis.
6. Performs and assists in administering corporate, group, and plant policies and procedures.
7. Originates and updates scheduling and time keeping system for hourly employees.
8. May compute payroll for hourly personnel.
9. May be responsible for vacation and attendance tracking for all employees.
10. May assist in the development, maintenance, and monitoring of the plant safety program and training.materials.
12. Logs, edits, and compiles OSHA reports as needed.
13. Maintains logs and acts as a contact point/liaison when needed for travel and accommodation reservations.
14. Responsible for maintaining the safety glasses program.
15. Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from the computer.
16. Assists in the developing, maintaining, and monitoring of a plant safety program and training materials.
17. Coordinates the administrative duties for the plant.
18. Originates a variety of reports for group and corporate offices and various government agencies under the direction of management.
19. May assist in administering the worker’s compensation plan for the plant.
20. May be responsible for the interviewing process of new hires.
21. May be responsible for coordinating plant functions, such as picnics, holiday parties, etc.
22. Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust with employees, which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
23. Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
• Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school education or equivalent.
• Job related experience for 2 years minimum.
• Working knowledge of the following areas: company manufacturing products, practices, nomenclature, procedures, and policies; English language including spelling, grammar, vocabulary, punctuation; office/business procedures, H.R. legal practices, customer needs and requirements; H.R. principles and practices, and employee relations.
• Ability to apply independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standardtechniques, procedures, and criteria for their area of responsibility.
• Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
• Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
• Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
• Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Ability to meet deadlines and to concentrate and pay attention to detail.
• Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data in order to make recommendations.
• Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
• Integrity and Trust. Is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the truth in an
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.
Ball Aerospace - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -