Within the context of a welfare-to-work continuum, WeCARE provides a full range of social and medical evaluation, case management, job readiness, job placement and retention services to individuals with disabilities, with a focus on developing customized goals based on individual strengths and limitations and moving individuals toward economic independence.
Provide oversight and direction to supervisory and job development staff. Oversee unit activities with the goal of providing high quality job placement services to program participants and meeting performance objectives determined by management and the funding source.
- Provide daily administrative oversight and direction to supervisory staff responsible for Job Developers and, as needed, other direct service staff, student interns, and volunteers. Serve as backup to supervisory staff in their absence.
- Work to ensure that all persons on public assistance with physical or psychiatric disabilities have equal opportunity to transition from welfare to work and that all program services accommodate and reflect participants’ individual and performance needs.
- Monitor the productivity and goals of the unit within the context of performance-based contracting.
- Establish performance objectives for departmental operations and program services.
- Meet with program supervisors to plan services and develop strategies for problem resolution.
- Responsible for going out in the field to solicit employers to ensure placements.
- Interview, supervise and train staff; conduct performance reviews and evaluation; provide verbal and written feedback; participate in disciplinary actions where appropriate, increase staff efficiency and performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of marketing and sales strategies including but not limited to the development of business plans and marketing materials, direct marketing and telemarketing
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Excellent oral and written skills required.
- Strategic planning ability needed.
- Basic computer software literacy and computer usage experience.
Bronx, New York, United States
- A minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience in vocational rehabilitation and job development, in a program providing services to individuals with disabilities or a Welfare to Work population.
- Progressive responsible experience in a related setting in marketing and/or sales in a leadership capacity.
F·E·G·S - 20 months ago