The Release Manager is responsible for oversight of the various releases of software and technology into production and non-production environments. The Release Manager is responsible for verification and enforcement of release standards and the ability to demonstrate to external auditors the adherence to the standards.
· Independently perform the routine Release Management operations according to guidelines provided by the Release Manager.
· Develop, document and review automated and manual Release Management plans, release notes, code migration documents and procedures.
· Support the enforcement of the lock down policy controlling when changes are to be added to the library, development, testing, user signoff, production moves and documentation.
· Install new software releases and/or patches.
· Performs off -hours deployments as required to accommodate production schedules.
· Lead post-implementation reviews, presents release metrics, identify recurring challenges and recommend improvements.
· Maintain an historical library of changes to track source code.
· Perform periodic reviews to ensure that the production areas are in sync with the libraries and unauthorized materials are not present.
· Possess a working knowledge of software development phases and tools.
· Develop work plans for assigned projects.
· Utilize the software tools and procedures to perform daily operational support.
· Work with internal associates to identify business challenges and opportunities for improvement.
· Assist with software product evaluation, including installation, testing, and technical support for the applications programming and/or the computer operations staff.
· Participate in the development, maintenance and testing of system disaster recovery.
· Provides feedback to other associates to assure the proper integration of all software within their area of responsibility and notify the Release Manager of significant challenges, opportunities or concerns.
· Recommend new software and hardware products.
· Complete and maintain all required documentation to meet department standards.
· Abide by all federal, state, and local regulations, company policies and procedures, and instructions.
· Adhere to privacy and confidential and proprietary company policies and procedures (i.e. HIPAA).
· Participate in any/all training and educational activities to meet departmental or individual goals
· Diligently maintain the cleanliness of all equipment, workstations and the overall facility on a daily basis.
· As required by changing business needs, complete additional responsibilities as assigned.
· BA or BS degree in Computer Science or other related technology field
Experience & Background:
· Minimum 8 years programming experience
· Minimum 2 years of experience with version control systems, e.g., VSS, CVS, Vault, or MS Team Foundation.
· Minimum 2 years of experience with build systems like nant, Apache ant, msbuild, or make.
· Experience with PC’s and LAN systems
· Experience with Mainframe and Mid Range environments a plus
· Experience with industry stand audits (e.g. SAS 70, SSAE 16) a plus
· Experience with Windows , Unix, Linux