Responsible for overseeing the nursing plan of care for patients within the assigned specialty. Responsible to see that the nursing plan of care meets the physiological, emotional, and spiritual needs of the patients served. Directs patient care through performance and/or leadership of subordinate personnel. Assists in the coordination of patient care through the appropriate utilization of all resources: staff, equipment, supplies, etc. As an expert in the assigned specialty, is a resource person to both medical center staff and physicians. May serve as a team leader, educator, and liaison with patient support system.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current RN licensure in the state of Michigan
- Current BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) certification
- Minimum of three years related unit experience
- Demonstrated experience in team building skills and self-directed work teams
To further our mission of enhancing the health status of the individuals and communities we serve, effective November 9th, 2012, McLaren Macomb will no longer hire individuals who use tobacco or nicotine products in any form.Cotinine testing will be used to verify non-tobacco use. Individuals whose health screening results are verified positive for tobacco/nicotine use will be disqualified from employment, their job offer will be rescinded, and they will be disqualified from reapplying for employment for one year from the date of the health screening.
- Bachelors degree Nursing or Health Care Field
- Three years prior experience
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification
- Certified Nurse Operating Room certification
- Minimum of two to four years of demonstrated leadership performance
McLaren Health Care
- 2 years ago - save job