Florida International University is recognized as a Carnegie engaged university. Its colleges and schools offer more than 180 bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral programs in fields such as engineering, international relations, architecture, law and medicine. As one of South Florida’s anchor institutions, FIU is worlds ahead in its local and global engagement, finding solutions to the most challenging problems of our time. FIU emphasizes research as a major component of its mission and enrolls 48,000 students on two campus and three centers including FIU Downtown on Brickell and the Miami Beach Urban Studios. More than 160,000 alumni live and work in South Florida. For more information about FIU, visit www.fiu.edu.
- Supports the team in coordinating media relations activities. Interacts with key members of the administration to plan, promote and execute programs.
- Writes media advisories, press releases and memos for internal and external distribution.
- Assist with research and interviews for speeches, op-ed, columns and other projects. Supports writing for the Office of the President and other administrators. Assists with preparing commencement profiles.
- Coordinates visual elements of stories; gathers assets to support projects.
- Participates in the management of crisis/emergency situations.
- Functions as a media liaison with the Athletics Department, advises on media issue related to athletics.
- Recommends, interprets, articulates, and implements University and External Relations policies.
- Works with department leaders in formulating short and long-term media plans to further the image of the University.
- Travels off campus in order to represent the University's media interest.
Master's degree in an appropriate specialization; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate specialization and two years of experience.
5 Years of experience in public relations or journalism preferred. Spanish proficiency and translation skills preferred.
$35,000 - $40,000
- Criminal Background Check
- Driver's License Check
How To Apply
If you have not created a registered account, you will be asked to create a username and password for use of the system. It is recommended that you provide an active/valid email account as that will be the main source of communication regarding your status within the process. Before you begin the process, we recommend that you are prepared to attach electronic copies of your resume, cover letter or any other documents within the application process. It is recommended that you combine your cover letter and resume into one attachement. Attached documents should be in Microsoft Word or PDF format. All applicants are required to complete the online application including work history and educational details (if applicable), even when attaching a resume.
Equal Opportunity Programs
FIU is a member of the State University System of Florida and is an Equal Opportunity, Equal Access Affirmative Action Employer .
Job Opening ID: 505536
Business Unit: EXTERNAL RELATIONS
Department: Office of Media Relations
Florida International University - 2 years ago