Develops, implements and coordinates service learning, co-curricular service learning, volunteerism, and community outreach programs and initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Coordinates College Admissions Workshops for community and faith based organizations
Required Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
- Collaborates with faculty, counselors, Enrollment Services staff, and Director of Financial Aid to coordinate speaker for admissions, financial aid, and dual enrollment workshops
- Collaborates with community members seeking speakers for presentations on going to college
- Delivers printed Tarrant County College ( TCC ) materials to community organizations
- Orders promotional items for marketing purposes
- Sets up program information displays at community events
- Attends meetings on and off campus
- Works with community groups to schedule facilities for seminars, etc.
- Meets with and assists potential students with how to apply to college and how to fill out Free Application for Federal Student Aid ( FAFSA )
- Hires and trains student ambassadors to assist with outreach efforts
- Organizes and schedules orientations for student ambassadors
- Develops and fosters community relationships
- Develops action plans and goals for service and community outreach
- Attends the workplace regularly, reports to work punctually and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
- Completes all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through the Tarrant County College ( TCC ) Institute
- Supports the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
Desired Education, Experience, Certifications, Licensures
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Two (2) years experience
- Experience with computerized systems
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Experience in Career and Technical Education
- Experience in marketing, material development and public communication
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with software such as Microsoft Publisher and/or Adobe Photoshop
- Excellent soft skills required
- Strong business development background
The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and is occasionally exposed to risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Special Instructions Summary
Please attach a resume and provide work references.
Tarrant County College - 18 months ago