The Coordinator of Fraternity & Sorority Life is charged with working as part of an advising team that provides support and guidance to fraternity and sorority chapters and governing councils. This position encompasses a wide variety of administrative, educational and supervisory duties in the areas of leadership development and academic support, program management and student involvement, student organization advising and supervision of student employees.
Overview of Responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Advise the fraternity & sorority governing councils and member chapters.
- Design and deliver programs that involve direct student interaction and enhance the overall academic and learning experience outside the formal classroom setting, including academic achievement, program development, diversity and social justice, philanthropy, community service, membership recruitment, leadership development, citizenship and risk management;
- Plan, implement, coordinate and deliver education and leadership training programs and initiatives for council and chapter officers regarding the UNC Fraternity and Sorority Standards of Excellence, hazing prevention and group accountability, social event and alcohol management, and other risk management procedures;
- Work closely with fraternity and sorority community constituents such as chapter advisors, house corporation volunteers, headquarters representatives, community partners and parents to advance the mission and values of the fraternity and sorority community and the University at large;
- Assist in coordination of joint programming provided by governing councils and individual chapters, as well as other campus and community agencies;
- Evaluate and assess programs for effectiveness in relationship to designated learning outcomes;
- Provide day-to-day supervision of office graduate assistants, administrative support staff, and student interns under the direction of the Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life and Community Involvement.
Master's degree in college student personnel, higher education administration, or other relevant discipline. Successful candidates will possess a thorough knowledge of fraternity and sorority life, including an understanding of their core values, functions, and traditions; a thorough knowledge of college student personnel services, leadership and organizational development, and community involvement efforts; and an ability to work in a collaborative environment with various constituencies on and off campus.
Preferred candidates will possess a minimum of two years full-time professional experience in advising fraternities and sororities on a college or university campus or within an inter/national fraternal organization, preferably including work with multiple councils (NPC, NPHC, IFC and multicultural and religious fraternities and sororities).
Application materials must be submitted online and include cover letter, resume, and references. To apply visit http://unc.peopleadmin.com: 80/postings/33899. Application deadline is November 4, 2013. Anticipated starting date is December 16, 2013. For additional information about this position, please contact Aaron Bachenheimer at 919-962-8298 or email firstname.lastname@example.org . Additional information about Fraternity and Sorority Life and Community Involvement can be obtained at our web site at http://ofslci.unc.edu.
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an Equal Opportunity Employer
and committed to inclusiveness and accessibility.
DiverseJobs.net - 12 months ago