The University of Illinois seeks to fill a Coordinator of Government Costing position to provide technical and analytical support in the review of the financial transactions for the office of Government Costing. The focus of this position is to conduct service activity rate calculation reviews of the various departmental service activity funds across campus. In addition, this position will provide assistance in data gathering, analysis, and calculation of the Facilities and Administrative (F&A) indirect cost, fringe benefit, and tuition remission rates. Compliance with University policies and Federal regulations, including the Office of Management and Budget Circular A-21 will be adhered to while performing these functions. Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or business administration with two years' professional work experience in a position requiring the utilization of financial and administrative skills in a complex business, academic, or government environment. Additional responsibilities include:
1. Conduct service activity rate calculation reviews which include: learning the operations of the various departmental service activity funds across campus, providing assistance and guidance to departments, writing queries and preparing related costing reports and calculations (revenues, expenditures, fund balance, sponsored project charges, FTEs, and over/under recovery), detailed analysis of rate calculations for reasonableness, accuracy, and adherence to Federal and University policies, and providing individualized training. Includes assisting with service activity training sessions for small groups.
2. Create, modify, run, utilize, and maintain numerous databases, queries, and reports in support of all costing functions.
3. Assist in preparation of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Facilities & Administration Rate study which includes performing various studies and reviews in support of the study. Including, but not limited to, the major functions of: create and conduct space study, review of various departmental financial data, creation of various financial and attribute tables, creation of fixed asset tables, FTE study, library study, and various cost share studies. Includes collaboration with various University departments and related organizations.
4. Assist in review and modification of University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Cost Accounting Standards Board Disclosure Statement. Includes, but not limited to, identifying service center and animal care facilities which meet OMB A-21 requirements.
5. Assist in preparation of the “University Administration Calculation” for all three campuses Facilities & Administrative Rate proposals.
6. Assist in preparation of the University of Illinois Springfield campus short form Facilities & Administrative Rate proposal.
7. Assist in preparation of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Fringe Benefit Study which includes Termination Rate calculation (UIUC and UIS), Graduate Assistant Health, Dental, Vision Rate calculation, Employee Health, Life, and Dental Rate Reconciliation, Worker’s Compensation Rate Reconciliation, and compilation of Retirement, Medicare, and OASDI rates from other sources. Includes collaboration with various University departments and related organizations.
8. Assist in preparation of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign Tuition Remission Rate calculation which includes calculation of the Tuition Remission Rate and collaboration with University departments.
9. Assist in preparation the annual Higher Education Research and Development (HERD) Survey - (UIUC and UIS) which includes develop, modify, and maintain a systematic approach to obtain required data for reporting using Access database with multiple complex queries and tables. Includes working with various departments to determine the best field of science for their unit, careful analysis of the data for reasonableness and accuracy, and a thorough understanding of reporting requirements.
10. Assist in preparation of responses to audit findings, special reports, and requests for information. Includes writing queries, preparation of reports, and/or working with campus departments to retrieve supporting documentation to justify calculations to Federal auditors.
Knowledge and Experience
Candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in accounting, finance, or business administration with two years' professional work experience in a position requiring the utilization of financial and administrative skills in a complex business, academic, or government environment. Other requirements include: strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to work independently and to exercise good judgment and discretion in the performance of all work assignments while maintaining compliance with Federal and University policies; ability to work in an integrated team environment; expert technical skills for extensive use of Access, Word, Excel, Power Point; ability to document clearly and concisely procedures and processes related to the costing functions; highly developed and effective verbal and written communications skills; strong interpersonal skills that reflect courtesy, diplomacy, and a collaborative approach to develop and maintain effective work relationships; ability to multi-task and prioritize work accordingly to meet deadlines while staying on task with daily assignments; ability to counsel and train individuals and departments. Preferred candidates will have an advanced degree in accounting or administration and previous professional work experience at an institution of higher education.
This is a full-time, 12-month Academic Professional position. For full consideration, candidates must apply and submit a letter of application, resume, and names/addresses/phone numbers of three professional references by April 19, 2013 at https://uajobs.hr.uillinois.edu/.
Employee Relations and Human Resources
271 Henry Administration Building, MC 341
506 South Wright Street
Urbana, IL 61801
( 217) 333-2600
The University of Illinois is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a community of excellence, equity and diversity. University Administration welcomes applications from women, underrepresented minorities, persons with disabilities, sexual minority groups and other candidates who will lead and contribute to the diversification and enrichment of ideas and perspectives.
University of Illinois at Chicago - 23 months ago