To support services/programs designed to enhance/maintain a positive relationship between the LWREC program and students, faculty, LWREC candidates, and alumni groups in order to contribute to the growth of the program and the formal and informal educational environment within the University. Other support functions for this position are to receive prospective company inquiries (e-mail, mail and phone) and follow up/forward as needed; assist with tracking processes, maintenance of databases and report generation; manage LWREC schedule and faculty relations; arrange event logistics and catering; and track financial activities and reporting.
- Prepare, assist and maintain correspondence related to and concerning students, faculty and program issues. Conduct and assist research in assigned areas as requested by faculty or other staff. Interpret University guidelines and advise and/or direct students and student groups on the alternatives available within the administrative framework of the Bloch School and the University.
- Provide high level customer service to students of the Bloch programs. Build positive relations and cultivate partnerships with University personnel at all levels, and with city, state, and other officials.
- Assist in the cultivation of alumni and alumni groups through communication opportunities, activities and ongoing positive interaction, emphasizing strong customer services techniques.
- Monitor the programs, students, funders, community stakeholders and collaborators. Manage Center programs and activities as assigned. Work with faculty, students, staff and the community to develop new programs as needed. Interact with students and provide supports to all Center programs.
- Attend select meetings/conferences to explain information about the Center and its programs at professional meetings, conferences, etc. Serve as a member and may be chair of planning committees. Direct the preparation of records (notices, minutes and resolutions). Perform other duties as assigned.
Expert level Microsoft Word and Excel skills are essential. Part of the interview process will include a Microsoft Word and Excel skills test to determine if the candidate possesses the skills necessary to perform the essential functions of the job.
A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired is necessary, as well as one year of related experience in business administration, personnel administration or higher education administration.
Previous experience coordinating a professional social media presence, experience as an executive assistant, or five years of progressive administrative experience is preferred.
Full Time/Part Time
This is a full time benefit eligible position
Salary starts at $35,000 and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applicants must combine all application materials (cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information) into one PDF or Microsoft Word document and upload as a resume attachments. Limit document name to 50 characters. Maximum size limit is 11MB. Do not include special characters (e.g., /, &, %, etc.).
For questions about how applicants apply, please call (816) 235-1621, or if you are experiencing technical problems, please call (855) 524-0002.
University of Missouri - Kansas City - 11 months ago