Job Summary :
The Coordinator, Contract Services works under the direction of the Director, Legal Contract Services to facilitate and manage the contract administration process for an assigned territory of Company affiliated facilities and corporate departments. The Contract Coordinator maintains an accurate central repository for all “Core” contracts that are managed by the legal department for or on the behalf of the Company. The incumbent is also responsible for collaborating and participating in the development, maintenance and delivery of education and training materials for Company’s affiliated facilities and corporate personnel related to technology, system processes, policies and procedures, and best practices in connection with contract pre-approval and contract administration. Additional legal services relative to the scope of the Coordinator, Contract Services include but are not limited to participation in the development and implementation of improvements to current contract pre-approval and contract administration systems and technology, processes, policies and procedures, and development and delivery of written and electronic communications to affiliated hospitals and Company personnel impacted by such improvements. The incumbent may also develop and distribute reports to Company affiliated facilities and corporate personnel in order to communicate volume, trends and issues related to the legal aspects of the above initiatives.
As a member of the Legal Department, this individual will possess superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication and organizational skills, and be able to work independently and collaboratively in support of the legal needs of the Company and its affiliated facilities. This position must be filled by a person who is knowledgeable of database administration and structures, demonstrates strengths in identifying and implementing process and system improvements, exhibits aptitude for developing and delivering training and education materials, and exemplifies the highest level of personal integrity and professional judgment while working in a collaborative, collegial and respectful manner. This position requires extensive, self-initiated activity and thought in addition to direct client contact and must be filled by one who has an ability to interact with and provide reports to facility administration, senior management and operating personnel. He or she must have the ability to successfully handle complex and multiple projects. The incumbent in this position must also possess advanced computer skills and must have the ability to consistently meet deadlines while handling multiple projects.
I. Legal Services Related to Contract Pre-Approval
1. Serve as a member of the Legal Department Contract Pre-Approval team dedicated to ongoing development, implementation, maintenance and enhancement of the Company’s electronic contract pre-approval system used for all hospital physician/referral source arrangements, as well as other arrangements requiring corporate approval prior to execution.
2. Participate in all continued development and implementation efforts related to contract pre-approval, including enhancements to facility contract pre-approval process, as well as transactional pre-approvals and corporate contract pre-approvals.
3. Collaborate in the development and maintenance of contract pre-approval education and training materials and delivery of same via appropriate methods (e.g., onsite training, teleconference, webcast, and establishment and maintenance of a library of available materials on SharePoint).
4. Provide recommendations to Contract Pre-Approval team for improvements to forms, procedures, policies, technical system enhancements, training materials, etc., and collaborate in development of same as requested.
5. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
II. Legal Services Related to Education of Contract Services
1. Collaborate with team members in the design, development and delivery of training programs responsive to the Company’s needs relative to contract pre-approval, including new employee orientation, LMS education modules and periodic workshops.
2. Design and develop course materials, handbooks, manuals and education/training methods for training programs.
3. Develop and conduct training surveys and assessments and research topics and resources for new or improved training programs and classes.
4. Consult with team members and department personnel in planning training programs, identifying training needs, selecting the most effective training methods, and evaluating results of training courses. Enlist the support and participation of Legal Department personnel to ensure that training goals relative to contract pre-approval are effectively met.
5. Collect and maintain training records, including an ongoing list of training sessions provided, participants, dates, and related costs, if any. Prepare annual and periodic reports, as requested.
6. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
III. Legal Services Related to Contract Administration
1. Provide contract administration legal services to an assigned territory of affiliated facilities and corporate departments. Focus areas include facilitation of contract pre-approval via MediTract ã contract collaborator system, maintenance of approved contracts and user permissions in MediTract ã central contract repository, and related training and education.
2. Collaborate in the improvement of existing training tools used to train new facility and corporate personnel on topics related to the hospital contract program (policies, procedures, proposal preparation, MediTract ã , etc.) and develop centralized mechanism for maintaining same. Develop additional targeted training modules as needed to educate individuals on identified issues.
3. Deliver education and training to new facility and corporate personnel as needed via appropriate methods (e.g., onsite training, teleconference, webcast and/or by establishing and maintaining a library of available materials on SharePoint).
4. Manage the MediTract ã Contract Management System including, but not limited to, setting user profiles, updating department and vendor information, and other support to maximize the value of the system to the Company.
5. Develop and distribute standard and customized reports as requested by the Legal Department on various information stored in MediTract ã Contract Management System.
6. Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
IV. General Responsibilities as Member of Legal Department
Meet all requirements of Company employees, including adherence to policies.
Participate in Legal Department and Company initiatives, as assigned (examples are review and restructuring of processes and programs as assigned and directed by the Associate General Counsel, and other activities to ensure compliance with any new laws/regulations).
Respond promptly, courteously and comprehensively to inquiries of Company affiliated facilities, corporate departments and personnel, outside vendors and counsel, and exercise ability to prioritize needs of these customers.
Work collaboratively with all Legal Department members, and utilize expertise of those members to accomplish the roles and objectives of this position.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Education and Special Certifications)
Education - Bachelor’s degree preferred (related experience may be substituted)
Experience - 3-5 years in legal and/or healthcare setting
1. Specialized experience in contracts, contract administration and/or development, facilitation and presentation of training and education materials a plus.
2. Must possess and demonstrate the highest level of personal integrity and professional judgment, and must be able to work in a collaborative, collegial and respectful manner.
3. Must possess and demonstrate proficiency using Microsoft office products, databases and other technology required for position, including ability to run reports and trend data.
4. Must demonstrate excellent organizational abilities.
5. Must consistently demonstrate excellent communication skills (verbal and written), specifically including writing skills (from legal analysis to educational guidance).
6. Must be self-motivated, able to meet tight deadlines and prioritize.
7. Must be detail oriented, provide a comprehensive work product and be self sufficient.
8. Must be able to work in a team environment, including Legal Department teams, corporate office teams, and project teams involving facilities, outside vendors, and law firms.
This job description in no way states or implies that the key accountabilities above are the only ones being performed by the individual(s) with this job description. The individual(s) may be called upon and required to follow or perform other duties and tasks requested by his or her supervisor, consistent with the purpose of the position, department and/or company objectives.