Coordinates all phases of the customer order process from initial inquiry through job completion which includes making equipment recommendations, establishing pricing and scheduling equipment and technicians.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHERS:
Reports to the Service Center Manager in Concord, Baton Rouge or LaPorte. In Tulsa, reports to the Service Center Supervisor. Frequent customer contact. Works closely with technicians and shop personnel.
T.D. Williamson, Inc. (TDW) was founded in Tulsa, Oklahoma, in 1920 as an electrical contracting firm serving the emerging petroleum industry’s needs for power. With over 55 locations worldwide, including offices in Canada, United States, Singapore, India, Norway, Belgium, TDW is the premier pressurized piping maintenance company in the oil and gas industry. We design and manufacture engineered solutions for monitoring, pigging, tapping, plugging, and inspecting essential piping systems. TDW products and services are recognized as standards of excellence around the world. The company is globally recognized for professional integrity, quality products, innovative technologies and high regard for customer relationships by standing behind the strongest product warranty in the industry.
We offer an excellent work environment, opportunities for growth, a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package. Our benefits package includes, but is not limited to the following:
• Medical Insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance and a Flexible Spending Account
• Group basic life/AD&D insurance and supplemental/voluntary life/AD&D insurance
• Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
• Retirement Benefits: pension plan and 401(k) with company match
• Paid Leave: sick leave (nonexempt employees only), vacation, 11 paid holidays annually
• Educational Assistance
• Company Bonus Program
1. Responds to written and verbal customer inquiries for service work and for the purchase of equipment with a quotation that will be acceptable to the customer and generate a profit for the service center.
2. Prepares and issues invoices for service work and purchase or inter-divisional use of equipment in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Maintains service center sales order and invoice logs and prepares necessary weekly and monthly reports on a timely, accurate basis ensuring that the corporate office is kept informed of service center business.
4. Maintains inventory records for resale and consumable items ensuring the maintenance of established levels of all items.
5. Expedites orders as needed to ensure required materials and equipment reach specified locations on desired dates.
6. Works closely with the technicians to inform them of all aspects of a job such as scope of the work to be performed and directions to the jobsite; works closely with shop personnel with regard to the proper equipment, materials and shipping instructions for each job in compliance with established quality assurance procedures.
7. Job may include performing clerical duties such as typing quotes, invoices and purchase orders and filing.
8. If designated, maintains ISO Procedures Manual (Level I and II) for Service Center, ensuring revisions are filed in a timely manner and routed to all persons affected by the procedure. Maintains records of communicating document control-related activities.
9. Ensures compliance with established quality control/assurance procedures while performing all the HT&P related processes.
1. 2-3 years of prior experience in phone sales or in-depth technical support is required.
2. Proficient in the use of personal computers; familiarity with software programs including MicroSoft Word, Excel or the willingness to learn is required.
3. Experience working in the oil or petro-chemical industry, particularly as a field tech or in a similar role, is strongly preferred.
4. Effective communication skills (verbal and written).
5. Must be willing to carry and respond promptly to “beeper” after regular hours, on weekends and holidays.
High school diploma; Associate's degree in a relevant field would be strongly preferred.
T.D. Williamson, Inc. - 22 months ago