Coordinator, Tracking and Mechanical Licensing
Warner/Chappell Music is WMG's award-winning global music publishing company. The Warner/Chappell Music catalog includes standards such as "Happy Birthday To You", "Rhapsody in Blue", "Winter Wonderland", the songs of Cole Porter and George and Ira Gershwin, as well as the music of Eric Clapton, Green Day, Katy Perry, Led Zeppelin, Lil Wayne, Madonna, Nickelback, Paramore, Red Hot Chili Peppers, T.I. Timbaland, and others. Warner/Chappell Music is a leader in creating innovative strategies for marketing and promoting its songwriters and their music. The company's extensive catalog makes it a natural first stop for A&R executives and record producers, feature film and television production companies, and others looking to record or license some of the world's greatest music.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Coordinator in our Tracking and Mechanical Licensing department. This position will be located in Los Angeles, CA. Our ideal candidate will excel in their career with one of the greatest Music Publishers of all time!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
· Approves U.S. mechanical license requests for major labels, independents, and individuals either online via the Harry Fox Agency website, via direct licenses, or by e-mail approval. Researches claims to our songs; provides information necessary to the licensing process to the Harry Fox Agency, to international affiliates, other WCM departments and all relevant rights and licensing agencies and societies in the U.S.
· Effectively escalates issues of high complexity to management to obtain proper course of action, judgment and/or decision.
· Reviews controlled composition clauses from an artist’s recording agreements to confirm accuracy of license requests.
· Reviews and evaluates reduced rate requests with management.
· Reviews specific high-profile releases to determine license and payment status, working from and updating Excel spreadsheets and related system programs to ensure that mechanical licenses are executed as a first step in the process of tracking and collecting royalties.
· Reviews specific high-profile compositions to determine registration, split and payment status.
· Researches and confirms publisher splits and verifies extent of ownership where more than one writer is involved on a song. Coordinates with the Copyright department to confirm claims to songs so that disputes and/or discrepancies in claims can be resolved for licensing. Resolves missing information (with other departments, as necessary) to ensure proper collection of revenue.
· Conducts research of data from various sources to determine if there have been improper payments in Mechanical and New Media revenue.
· Handles and safeguards confidential and proprietary information.
Our ideal candidate for this position may possess, but is not limited to, the following attributes:
· One (1) to three (3) years of administrative experience within a music publishing company preferred.
· Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with emphases in Excel
· Knowledge of general business practices
· Posses a strong work ethic
· Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
· Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments
· Produce quality work and be accountable
· Manage time
· Ability to work well in team
· Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work
· Anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes
· Self-starter, self motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks
· Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically
· Consistently takes initiative
· Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
A high school level education is required. A baccalaureate degree is preferred, augmented by course work in music business or related field.
A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
Check us out at www.warnerchappell.com!
Warner/Chappell Music is a part of the Warner Music Group (WMG). Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Bad Boy, Cordless, East West, Elektra, Lava, Maverick, Nonesuch, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Rykodisc, Sire, Warner Bros. and Word.
Warner Music Group
- 2 years ago - save job