Ensure personnel performing damage prevention activities in area of responsibility are maintaining compliance with State law, Company One-call policies and Pipeline Damage Prevention practices. Coordinates work group activities including patrolling, locating, construction inspection, and excavation inspection of Company gas/liquids pipelines, appurtenances, compressor stations, process plants and other related facilities. Lead for the East District public awareness program. Work group includes Operation Supervisors and hourly personnel performing Damage Prevention activities in Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana and Ohio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Proactive response, training and support for pipeline asset protection from encroachments.
• Coordinates and participates in quality public awareness programs.
• Coordinates and participates in quality contractor awareness programs
• Coordinates and participates in quality emergency responder programs.
• Operations technical expert for PODS, Petris System and other associated applications
• One Call representation and participation
• Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenants, public officials/emergency officials and at local meetings. (One Call, Pipeline Groups, Soil Conservation)
• Inspect/oversee the construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties.
• Trains company and third party personnel as required
• Perform governmental compliance activities, such as line patrol, road and railroad crossing inspections, and valve inspections.
• Identify, report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
• Actively participate in safety programs, provide media and emergency support.
• Participates in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
• Complete appropriate documentation, OQ qualification and paperwork.
• Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, and regulatory and tariff requirements
• Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
• Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
• Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
• Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
• Will work non-traditional hours as needed.
• Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
• Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent
• At least 5 years experience in natural gas pipeline operations and maintenance.
• Experience in training and instructing employees.
• Knowledge of Common Ground Alliance Best Practices.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
• Required to achieve and maintain OQ qualification on specific tasks required to perform certain job duties.
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Beginner computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, operating systems, company software).
• Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Internal and External customer focus.
• Mentoring and coaching skills.
• Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
• Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
• Ability to organize and prioritize daily work.
• Overnight travel may be required for specific projects.
• Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
• Must be able to frequently:
• Enter confined spaces
• Climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders and walkways
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward positions, and 50 pounds from floor to waist.
• Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions, climb vertical access ladders and stairwells, carry up to 50 pounds and to see, hear, walk and talk effectively.
• Required to carry a company-provided cell phone, and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
• The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, including credit report for certain positions, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
• Must reside within 30 miles of the reporting work location.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
• At least 10 years experience in natural gas pipeline operations and maintenance.
• Knowledge of compressor stations, storage field, gathering field and pipeline systems operations.
• Knowledge of operating costs associated with the labor and non-labor in area of responsibility.
• Knowledge of company policies, procedures and practices.
• Knowledge of PODS, Petris, and One-call CDC software applications.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned
Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP - 2 years ago