Responsible for administration and communication of employee benefits .
Duties and Responsibilities Include but Are Not Limited To:
· Administer employee benefits programs including medical, dental, vision, life, short-term and long-term disability, and the employee assistance program.
· Respond to telephone inquiries and emails from employees. Assist employees by explaining benefit options, required paperwork or HRIS enrollment procedures. Refer employees to appropriate carrier if necessary. Serve as liaison between employees and outside vendors.
· Develop and maintain relationships with insurance carriers.
· Assist employees with claims issues. Serve as liaison between employee and insurance carrier to ensure quick, equitable, and courteous resolution.
· Process enrollments, terminations and status changes for all health and welfare programs.
· Coordinate and assist with the organization-wide annual benefits open enrollment.
· Develop, implement and maintain efficient processes.
· Work with internal departments (e.g., recruiting, payroll, etc.) on benefits related issues.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications:
· High School Diploma/GED required. Associates Degree preferred
· At least 5 years of health and welfare administration experience.
· Minimum of 3 years HRIS experience.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
· Comprehensive knowledge of health and welfare benefit plan designs.
· Working knowledge of benefits-related laws including the Affordable Care Act and HIPAA.
· Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality and to use discretion in handling sensitive information.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment while handling a large volume of calls and emails.
· Ability to prioritize effectively and handle multiple deadlines.
· Detail oriented, organized and able to work with minimal supervision.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to be an effective team player.
· UltiPro System experience preferred
Republic Airways - 6 months ago
Many US airlines pledge allegiance to Republic Airways. The airline holding company's subsidiaries Chautauqua Airlines, Republic...