Position will be based in Casper, WY or Douglas, WY (upon hiring manager’s discretion).
Provide technical leadership and support to gas processing plant & compression operations facilities to ensure the safe and efficient operations of all Automation & Control equipment and systems. Also assist with employee training, testing and development, capital and O&M budgets, and technical support functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Design, develop, and maintain automation systems (specifically Allen Bradley PLC systems and DeltaV DCS system).
• Design, develop, and maintain PC based HMI automation systems (specifically, WonderWare HMI systems).
• Design and specify communications equipment necessary for computer automation systems. This could include Ethernet (TCP and UDP), Modbus, Profibus, Control Net, DH+, as well as the physical media (fiber optic, copper, and radio).
• Develop and control capital projects. Specifically, develop, manage and control project scope, schedule, projected costs, and quality assurance oversight.
• Specify and procure instrumentation used in automation systems.
• Manage Contractor bid process, select contractor and manage contractor throughout automation projects.
• Provide technical expertise in instrument, electrical, and/or automation specifications and standards as required.
• Organize work for timely completion and be available for work after regular hours if required.
• Be capable of managing multiple assignments with various deadlines and responsibility levels concurrently.
• Maintain a regular, dependable attendance, self-motivated and high level of performance.
• Awareness of company Engineering Standards, Construction Standards, Operations and Maintenance Procedures, Site Specific Procedures and governmental safety regulations.
• Read and interpret electrical, control, and instrumentation drawings.
• Oversee the repair, modification and maintenance of appropriate equipment, systems and assets.
• Implement recommended technological advancements for field operations.
• Assist in the planning and management of the operating and capital budgets.
• Collaborate with other field management personnel to solve interrelated administrative, organizational, operational and technical problems.
• Assist with the ongoing training, testing and development of area technical employees.
• Identify, report and correct safety and environmental concerns.
• Provide support to E&C and Measurement Techs as needed with Control logic and wiring, and troubleshooting I/O problems. Work with operations on control and process problems.
• Primary interface, troubleshooting and coordination with third-party automation vendors.
• Participation in Process Safety Management (PSM) employee requirements and procedures.
• Develop and maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external customers.
• Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism.
• Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills and listen carefully.
• Maintain a regular, dependable attendance and a consistently high level of performance.
• Will work non-traditional hours as needed.
• Maintain a high regard for personal safety, for the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public.
• Other daily, weekly, monthly or special project duties as identified and defined.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s level degree in a technical field, from an accredited institution, is required or a minimum of 8 years direct and active work experience in gas processing plant and compressor station automation design and technical analysis may be considered as an acceptable degree substitute.
• In addition to the degree requirement listed above, must have at least 4 years direct and active work experience in gas processing plant and compressor station automation design and technical analysis. If no degree, must have a minimum of 8 years direct and active work experience in gas processing plant and compressor station automation design and technical analysis.
• Knowledge in natural gas processing plant and compression automation and the instrumentation necessary for this automation.
• Knowledge of PLC ladder logic, Wonderware InTouch, as well as one or more other programming languages used in automation. Must be able to learn new programming skills as needed.
• Experience and knowledge in standard communication techniques utilized in the automation industry including but not limited to Ethernet, Modbus, Profibus, and Allen-Bradley proprietary communication protocols.
• Experience and knowledge with design, specification and procurement of physical media types used in communications, including copper, fiber-optic, and radio communications.
• Knowledge and/or application experience with national and international instrument electrical and controls standards.
• Design and construction knowledge working in electrically hazardous area applications.
• Thorough knowledge of and ability to consistently apply company policies and practices, and regulatory requirements.
• Beginner proficiency level in MS Office applications that may include but are not limited to Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES & REGISTRATIONS:
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers (for travel).
• Subject to random drug testing.
COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Familiarity with and ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical blueprints and diagrams, including flow charts, cause/effect diagrams, and Piping and Instrument Drawings (P&ID’s).
• Demonstrated Intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft applications (including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) for the purpose of word processing, presentations, spreadsheets and information retrieval.
• Problem solving skills, including logical thought processes, with the ability to resolve simple to complex issues.
• Ability to organize, schedule and prioritize workload to meet various schedules and objectives on short notice.
• Ability to resolve conflict in a win-win manner.
• Adhere to performance expectations as defined by the Department and Customer.
• Must be able to perform all essential and marginal functions of the job.
• Must be able to work with a team, take direction from management, adhere to required work schedules, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
• Ability to successfully perform multiple tasks with strict deadlines.
• Ability to organize and prioritize daily work.
• For the majority of a workday, the employee will be required to sit and work at a computer and/or desk.
• Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
• Must be able to climb vertical access ladders and stairwells, carry up to 50 pounds and to see, hear, walk and talk effectively.
• Position will be based in Casper, WY or Douglas, WY (upon hiring manager’s discretion).
• Travel is required and anticipated as up to 25% time away from the assigned work location; motor vehicle and occasional air travel anticipated.
• Required to carry a company-provided cell phone and be available to respond during working and non-working hours.
• Based in a field office location.
• Must live within a 45-minute response/travel time to work location.
• Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets.
• This is not a supervisory position and may be called upon to give work direction.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP - 23 months ago