This position directs the transportation function, plans and coordinates the effective pick-up, delivery and movement of customer vehicles to and from the Auction while provide quality service to Auction customers.
- Obtain and compile transportation assignments from web interfaces or other sources (TRAAuctions.com, AutoIMS, AS400, fax, email, call, or walk-in). Transfer vehicle information to operating systems as necessary.
- Call pickup locations to verify unit condition, release, and any advance charges. Schedule pickups/deliveries using TRA CDL Driver and 3 rd party vendors.
- Communicate any delays with vehicle release to Unit Adjuster.
- Document advance charges in the operating system and complete advance charges check.
- Complete dispatch paperwork for drivers and efficiently schedule vehicle pickups and deliveries.
- Maintain and work closely with 3 rd party vendors to ensure pickup time is within the contractual time frame. Keep updated records on transport companies and verify each company meets all established insurance, safety, and quality standards.
- Verify prepaid receipts and scan into operating system.
- Coordinate data entry of billing information to ensure accuracy.
- Investigate and resolve damage claims to the satisfaction of the customer and the Auction.
- Interact with customers to resolve potential problems and to develop new business.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors degree preferred.
- 1 - 3 years experience in transportation or dispatch.
- Strong communication and interaction skills required.
- Excellent organizational skills required.
- Good computer and software knowledge, as well as experience with AS400 essential.
- Ability to work well with others and maintain focus and productivity under compressed deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail needed.
- Valid driver's License and good driving record required.
- Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to perform repetitive data entry tasks. Manual dexterity required.
- Vision abilities required include close, distance, color, and depth perception.
The posting is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements.
Please submit resume before:
Cox Enterprises - 18 months ago
As the third largest cable provider in the nation, Cox Communications, Inc. is noted for its high-capacity, reliable broadband delivery...