This position coordinates the transportation operation to ensure the efficient, orderly and timely movement of vehicles to and from the Auction.
- Coordinate and direct the safe and efficient transportation of customer vehicles to and from the Auction and other designated areas.
- Contact customer to determine vehicle availability and condition, and schedule the pick-up and delivery.
- Determine outstanding pick-ups, compile data and generate transporter and account aging reports for the department supervisor.
- Interact with customers, develop new business for the Auction, and resolve problems that may occur in the transportation process.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
1-2 years experience as an administrative and/or operations in the transportation or trucking industry, or dispatching experience preferred. Auction experience and knowledge of overall Auction functions preferred.
Strong communication and interaction skills required. Basic computer skills preferred. Valid Driver’s License and good driving record required. Ability to drive vehicles with standard and automatic transmission.
Knowledge of transportation and DMV laws and regulations preferred.
Manheim is the world’s leading provider of used vehicle services and marketplaces for the millions of cars that change hands every year. A subsidiary of Cox Enterprises, Inc. with 32,000 employees in 145locations worldwide, Manheim offers an array of products and services that impact every stage of a used vehicle’s life cycle, including live and online auctions, financing, inspections, title management, transport, auto body repair and dent repair. Manheim is the leader in remarketing technology, using its online tools to connect buyers and sellers around the globe to the world’s most comprehensive physical and virtual wholesale marketplace for used cars. Manheim is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a Drug-Free workplace. Please use the Cox Career Network at http://www.coxenterprises.com/coxcareer/ to submit your resume.
Please submit resume before:
Cox Enterprises - 30+ days ago
Cox Communications is a multi-service broadband communications and entertainment company with 6.2 million total residential and commercial c...