National Journal, a must-read destination for Washington insiders, seeks an experienced and talented wordsmith for its unified copy desk. National Journal publishes a range of original content, both online and in print, including NationalJournal.com , National Journal magazine, and National Journal Daily.
The Copy Editor is an integral part of the busy National Journal newsroom and will collaborate with reporters and editors on the production of both print and online content, with a focus on the Web and National Journal Daily, a newspaper that covers Capitol Hill. Ideal candidates should have at least three years of professional copyediting experience and the ability to work under tight deadline pressure. Knowledge of Adobe InCopy and K-4 is a plus.
Qualifications of the Ideal Candidate:
Atlantic Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Outstanding copyediting skills, including strong knowledge of grammar and the ability to polish copy
- The ability to work fast and well under deadline pressure
- The ability to multitask and to handle various types of copy (from short Web stories to 1,000-word newspaper articles)
- Extensive knowledge of politics, Washington, and current events
- The ability to work as a team member with writers, line editors, production staff, and fellow copy editors
- Flexibility in hours—nighttime work is required
To apply, please visit us at www.atlanticmedia.com .
- 24 months ago - save job