Medical Product Manufacturing
Since 1963, Cook Group companies have been among the leaders in developing healthcare devices that have improved lives around the world. COOK remains at the forefront of medical research and worldwide sales of products for endovascular therapy, critical care medicine, general surgery, diagnostic and interventional procedures, bioengineered tissue replacement and regeneration, gastroenterology and endoscopy procedures, urology, and obstetrics and gynecology. COOK is a global company with a global focus - and a global future.
The Copywriting Specialist crafts persuasive copy to support the selling proposition of Cook Medical's business units and products in accord with the company's style guidelines and copy strategies. The Copywriting Specialist develops and maintains a working knowledge of a brand's features and benefits, an understanding of cost and time implications, and an awareness of the best ways to approach a customer through written communications.
Essential Job Functions/Duties (may include other duties as assigned)
• Create, write and produce marketing materials including but not limited to brochures, single-page ads, product catalogs and tradeshow media in the voice and style of the Cook Medical brand
• Uphold the position of the Cook Medical brand while telling the products' positioning story
• Follow the corporate brand tone and voice while conveying the product's uniqueness
• Maintain a balance between the business unit needs and Cook Medical brand styles, adapting creatively without sacrificing consistency
• Give input into communication briefs by gathering information and data to clarify industry terminology, medical procedures and trends
• Present new ideas for business unit communication strategies
• Help create synergy between copy, visual and positioning solutions
• Command how copy engages a multi-language audience
• Must work effectively with and for others to achieve company goals
• Must strictly adhere to safety requirements
• Maintain regular and punctual attendance
• Must maintain company quality standards
• Must manage multiple copy projects at one time without sacrificing quality
• Must keep abreast of new developments in marketing communications, including copy strategies, programs, industry news and professional education
• Maintain accurate and timely reports and records
Minimum Work Experience/Educational Requirements
• Bachelors degree in a related field, or experience of such kind and amount as to provide a comparable background
• Minimum of 2 years copywriting experience
• Excellent technical command of the English language
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite and Adobe Creative Suite
• Medical industry experience preferred
• Familiarity with medical terminology preferred
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
• Works under general office environmental conditions.
• Sitting for extended periods, utilizes close visual acuity for working with computers, etc.
401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
Medical, dental, and vision
Paid time off
Flexible spending account
Cook is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Cook Medical - 14 months ago
Belonging to the Cook Medical division of the Cook Group, Cook Incorporated makes thousands of medical devices and related items. Its...