Copywriter- Miami (Conill)
The ideal candidate for our Bilingual Copywriter opportunity will passionately strive to move the agency creative agenda forward. Works closely with Art Director partner to develop ideas for all forms of communication, recognizing that today’s constantly changing media and technology offers new tools and demands new approaches and solutions. Digital experience. Creative excellence is essential. Conceptual strategy and creative implementation should be at an award-winning level. Please forward us a list of your recent awards and achievements with your portfolio. Must have a dedication, persistence and passion for relevant, groundbreaking ideas, be organized and an excellent communicator. Must be fluent in Spanish and English.
Bachelor’s degree is preferred, however, competency is evaluated based on body of work.
· Develops and advocates for unique, award-winning quality communications for the majority of assignments.
· Delivers ideas and work that exceed creative expectations and client business goals.
· Oversees the production throughout the entire process of specific creative ideas for various applications including print, broadcast, digital, radio and other relevant media.
· Displays a curiosity about the latest marketing trends and digital tools and anything related to constantly evolving forms of communication and storytelling.
· Always seeks to develop outstanding presentation skills, and applies great creativity to the task of persuading any audience—whether internal or client—of the value of the work he/she has created.
· Contributes to new business pitches, and makes client presentations.
· Stays current with regard to client’s business, the industry landscape, as well as product strategies and information.
· Conceptualizes, brainstorms, imagines, and develops creative ideas and executions for television, print, digital, outdoor and any other applicable media opportunities.
· Work with designers and producers to carry out multiple projects, and oversee the work of directors, photographers and illustrators on these projects.
Measure of Accountability
· Position will also be evaluated in their proficiency in delivering on the following:
· Conceptual Thinking
- Ability to explore and manipulate ideas beyond concrete constraints
- Can imagine novel and hypothetical situations in detail
- Reframe problems
· Interpersonal Skills
- Socially capable - interacts confidently, reads the situation
- Empathetic and can evaluate likely reactions
- Responds effectively to changing constraints
- Adapts own behavior to suit the situation
- Understands the drivers of change and anticipates the implications of changing political and practical circumstances
· Achievement Orientation
- Demonstrates motivation, drive to meet and exceed expectations and own standards
Primary Points of Contact
The Copywriter will act as the primary contact for assigned clients and report to the VP/Creative Director, work closely with Account and Creative Directors, creative partners, producers, production artists, account personnel and other team members. They will interact with agency executive teams and participate in the development and presentation of presentations to prospective clients.
All employees of Conill are expected to be aware of and adhere to all Publicis Groupe Policies, in addition to Conill policies. All Publicis Groupe policies supersede other policies except for when in conflict with State Law. Candidates must possess a legal permit to work in the USA. Candidates must also possess the following competencies:
· Relationship Management
- Ability to initiate and grow mutually beneficial relationships
- Actively develops networks
- Manages potentially difficult relationships
- Identifies and quickly takes advantage of business opportunities
- Understands the market
- Takes calculated risks
- Generates original ideas
- Experiments with different approaches to find a better solution to a problem
- Identifies ways to improve process/situations
- Ability to focus on important issues only
- Regularly refocuses on results
- Demonstrates a drive to exceed performance targets
· Demonstrable experience in generating ideas at an award-winning level.
· Must be Bilingual Spanish (native speaker strongly preferred)
· Portfolio or reel must display the ability to do work that appeals to diverse audiences and a range of clients, and must be verifiable.
· Collection of work should include evidence of ability to create strong conceptual ideas in a wide variety of media.
· Collection of work should include campaigns that target the Hispanic American audience.
· Digital experience.
Long hours are often necessary; including evenings and/or weekend work may be required. And there can be a limited amount of travel associated with this position. Conill is a professional, fast-paced, creative business environment. There may be times when lifting up to 25lbs is required.
Team One - 19 months ago