Reach Your Peak with ICMA-RC, a FINANCIAL SERVICES LEADER in public sector employee retirement products and services. Headquartered in Washington, DC, our Financial Services corporation manages over $40 billion in retirement plan assets for more than one million individuals. We are constantly looking for ways to create new opportunities to serve our participants. We have an extraordinary talent base and invite you to consider joining our ICMA-RC Finance team.
This position is responsible for general ledger functions including journal entries and account reconciliations. Prepare periodic financial reports. Conduct financial analysis for cost centers. Maintain database for state and local tax and business filing system. Prepare regulatory filings and conduct necessary research. Responsible for Admin Service Agreement (ASA) calculations and other special projects.
Essential functions for this role include:
• Perform selected accounts general ledger functions including journal entries and account reconciliations.
• Prepare financial statements for retirement plans.
• Prepare Due from Fund schedules and obtain the necessary supporting documentation.
• Prepare ASA calculations and related monthly journals entries.
• Prepare filings for business property tax, business licenses and annual reports; conduct necessary research and maintain tax database.
• Analyze and interpret budget/actual and current/prior period variances for selected cost centers.
• Work closely with internal and external auditors to provide required audit schedules and respond to auditor's inquiries.
• Participate in special accounting projects
If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance required.
• 1-3 years experience in general accounting and strong understanding of GAAP.
• Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills with proven ability to follow-up.
• Keen attention to detail with proven strong commitment to quality.
• Ability to work in a high volume environment with very firm deadlines.
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal skills.
• Manage multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously.
• MS Office Suite experience with Advanced Excell skills using pivot tables required.
• Team player; willing and capable of on-the-job training.
• Experience with Solomon IV, preferred.
For your well-being, we offer a solid compensation and benefits package that features a competitive salary, a straight-forward incentive plan that rewards results, and a 401(k) Plan.
For your career, we offer tuition reimbursement, professional development courses, seminars, career enrichment assignments, mentoring programs and a record of enterprise growth that creates continuing opportunities for career advancement.
Consider ICMA-RC, and respond in strictest confidence. ICMA-RC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity in the workplace. Minorities and women are encouraged to apply. We look forward to hearing from you.