Snap-on Incorporated is hiring a Corporate Catering & Event Planner for its Kenosha, Wisconsin location.
Position Summary: This position has overall responsibility for all operational and administrative aspects of preparing and executing corporate banquets and events. Manages all catered events, hires, schedules, and trains catering staff on all catering details and ensures all special requests are met. Directs the setup for events. Oversees the booking, planning and arrangements for all events and is the primary contact for the client organization/management team. Manages the relationship and communication from initial contact to event closure. Includes billing and follow-up. All or any of these events could be either in corporate facilities and/or external locations. The above includes the on-going engagement and interaction with Snap-on Café staff including P & L responsibility. Responsible for pricing, billing and resolving internal and external customer concerns.
- Responsible for managing all aspects of catering events: driving sales, regulating food costs, menu design consultation with the Executive Chef, staffing, etc.
- Utilizes a regular methodology to provide consistent communication and project plans on the status of all projects to ensure the most effective execution
- Coordinates arrangements for group meetings and social functions by performing the following duties:
- Directs workers in preparing catering and convention room and erecting displays and exhibits
- Inventories supplies and counts out dishware, silverware, glasses, etc. to be placed in all meeting space
- Inspects rooms and displays for conformance to needs and desires of group
- Develops a close working relationship with customers and Executive Chef and effectively carries out order as planned addressing any changes and last minute details to the customer’s satisfaction
- Provides remedies to address complaints
- Performs other duties to promote goodwill including ongoing engagement with Retirees via a Retiree Newsletter and other outreach activities and communications
- Responsible for overseeing all Snap-on Café kitchen operations and promotions
- Manage P & L of the Snap-on Cafe
- Bachelor’s degree and preferred minimum of five years experience in catering management or event management experience
- Significant experience managing budgets, resources and vendor relationships
- Must have practical knowledge related to costs, pricing, negotiations, and event preparation and execution
- Successful candidate should have proven experience and track record in event sales execution and revenue or a catering management role
- Ideal candidate will be extremely detail-oriented and highly focused on delivering superior communications and customer service.
- Ability to:
- Perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy
- Prioritize and organize
- Be a clear thinker, remains calm and resolves problems using good judgment
- Follow directions thoroughly
- Understand guest’s service needs
- Work collaboratively with co-workers as part of a team
- Work with minimal supervision
Snap-on understands the mechanics of the automotive repair business. The company is a leading manufacturer and distributor of high-quality...