First Wind is an independent wind energy company exclusively focused on the development, financing, construction, ownership and operation of utility-scale wind energy projects in the United States. Based in Boston, First Wind has developed and currently operates wind energy projects in the Northeast, the West and Hawaii. First Wind is committed to the communities it works with to achieve the most efficient and economic wind generation projects in North America.
First Wind’s Corporate Governance Paralegal will join a legal department committed to delivering high quality legal services to the company’s various departments. This position will manage the formation and administration of the Company’s subsidiaries, which currently number 194.
· Form, dissolve, and administer First Wind’s subsidiaries, complying with internal policies for formations and dissolutions.
· Draft and maintain a variety of organizational charts, compile and maintain accurate books and records for each subsidiary. Track draft and final documents.
· Track board actions for the holding company and subsidiaries, including joint ventures and third-party investors
· Provide support to the financing and operations teams in managing the business of the Company, including support for bank diligence, financial closings, provision of secretary’s certificates and resolutions.
· Work with the Finance and Accounting Departments to coordinate the quarterly and annual financing agreement certificates and maintain tracker.
· Draft simple certificates, resolutions and compliance documents.
· Obtain and upload closing sets from transactions, and ensure any corporate documents (LLC agreements, transfer agreements, membership interest certificates) are also included in the corporate records.
· Maintain list of officers for First Wind Holdings and its subsidiaries, coordinate specimen signatures for incumbency certificates as needed,
· 5+ years of legal secretary, paralegal, entity management or assistant corporate secretary experience preferred.
· Associate’s, Bachelor’s degree or relevant degree required
· Paralegal Certification a plus
· High level of oral and written communication skills with ability to interpret and communicate company policies effectively. Very high level of attention to detail.
· Experience providing corporate governance services.
· Solid skills in MS Office 2007, especially MS Power Point.
· Comfortable working in a busy, fast paced environment.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
First Wind - 16 months ago
At First Wind, wind is the first and last item in its business model. The vertically integrated energy company (formerly UPC Wind) develops,...