“The Power of One”
Hologic (NASDAQ: HOLX) is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium diagnostics, medical imaging systems, and surgical products dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of women throughout the world.
Gen-Probe Incorporated is a global leader in the development, manufacture and marketing of molecular diagnostics products and services that are used to diagnose human diseases, screen donated human blood, ensure transplant compatibility, and aid biomedical research.
We are delighted to announce that as of August 1st, 2012. Hologic and Gen-Probe have joined forces to create Hologic’s molecular diagnostics business. Hologic Gen-Probe is dedicated to saving lives through early detection, improved diagnosis and less invasive treatment. Together we are a Company that is ethically, emotionally and financially committed to helping improve lives the world over. By joining forces, we have a rare opportunity to make a greater difference, a responsibility we take very seriously.
“The Power to Shape Your Future”
We are seeking a Corporate Legal Counsel who will be responsible for providing legal advice and assistance on a variety of matters for the Diagnostics business unit of Hologic while serving as a primary contact for day-to-day matters between the Legal department and in-house clients. This position will be based in San Diego, although some travel may be required.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
RELATED BUSINESS/TECHNICAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES:
- Act as corporate legal counsel for large (more than $1.0 Billion in revenue) Diagnostics business unit of publicly traded company. In that role, will participate in all legal aspects of the Diagnostics business unit, including managing litigation, working on mergers and acquisitions engaged in by the business unit, supporting existing collaborations and working with business units on new collaborative opportunities.
- Negotiate and document commercial agreements including clinical trial agreements, research study agreements, sales agreements, licenses, distribution agreements and other commercial agreements on an as-needed basis.
- Oversee and direct efforts of Legal Administrator with respect to standard form agreements such as confidentiality agreements, professional services agreements and material transfer agreements.
- Provide legal advice and assist sales department with customer contracts
- Support preparation of SEC periodic filings by publicly traded parent company and coordinate with other departments (e.g., finance, tax, etc.) as needed to support these efforts.
- Provide litigation support and/or general assistance to the Senior Corporate Counsel, and outside counsel as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge and experience in preparing and negotiating commercial agreements
- Customer service focus and practical, results oriented, problem solving approach are a must
Hologic Gen-Probe offers a dynamic and innovative work environment along with excellent benefits that include sponsored medical/dental/vision benefits, bonus potential, 401(k) w/company match, paid vacation/sick time /holidays, assistance with continuing education, on-site fitness center, and our own Waterfall Café.
- J.D. and 3+ years hands-on experience as an attorney in the life sciences industry, in an outside law firm and/or an in house legal department, preferably related to molecular diagnostics and/or diagnostic instrument systems.
- Applicants must be qualified to practice law in the State of California or eligible to qualify.
We invite you to view our Career Video!
Please apply online by visiting:
Gen-Probe is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will be given consideration regardless of race, sex, age, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, religion, handicap status or veteran status.