- Develops policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable federal, state and local legislation and codes governing environmental health, safety and DOT .
- Design, develop and conduct OSHA and DOT training programs
- Coordinate and conduct work area assessments, surveys, and program evaluations to determine the presence of hazardous conditions
- Collect, analyze and maintain data essential for effective safety, environmental and DOT programs.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and recommend engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or personal protective equipment.
- Conducts on-site reviews and audits of operations and facilities.
- Conducts periodic inspections of job sites to assist managers and supervisors with regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for record keeping of the safety function, including OSHA and DOT logs, as well as other reports for outside agencies, as may be required.
- Interfaces with regulatory agencies, committee members and institutional staff to formulate corrective actions.
- Responds and provides assistance to all emergency situations.
- Develops and implements accident investigation, data analysis, and recurrence prevention programs and procedures.
- Use excellent customer skills, establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other employees, officials, outside organizations, and representatives of local, state, and federal agencies.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration. Certified Safety Professional designation preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5 – 8 years of experience in managing corporate safety program
- 5 – 8 years of controlling and reducing company-wide health and safety exposures
- Experience in developing and managing behavior based safety program and initiatives
- Strong project management skills
- Must be collaborative, persuasive and able to work with managers across internal departments and branches
- Must be analytical, strategic, creative, flexible, hands-on and responsive
- Must be able to manage and shift priorities and multi-task to meet deadlines and goals
- Strong Outlook, Excel, Word, Power-point and database skills